mnbvcxz

16 channel with 1 camera not displaying

I have a 16 channel system, while usually all 16 cameras display I have one that will occasionally stop displaying video to the monitor. While it isn't displaying to the monitor does that mean that it doesn't record to the DVR?

Thanks

In most cases yes, if you can’t see it on the monitor it’s not recording. You probably need to recheck your terminations and power supplies, sounds like something isn’t quite right on that camera. What’s the tech you are using and the run distance?

I'm not 100% sure on the tech i think it's viewlogic or something, but from the camera to the dvr the run length would be approx 10 meters.

Is there a way to check to see if it's recording even though it doesn't display on the monitor?

Only real way to do that would be to check the recorded video. I’m assuming you have it set up to motion detection recording. So go walk around in front of it for a minute and then use your GUI to go into the recorded video and see if you have anything recorded. Also you should probably check to see if it’s an issue with the camera or the DVR. Switch a camera connection with that one to see if the other camera comes up on that same input. If not then you have a bad input on the DVR, if so then you have a bad camera, cable, or termination.