sceh

Cheap DVRs from China

Sorry for the provocative title!

I have a couple of Swann systems and they do what I want when they work - send me mails with photos, notion detection and so on. One system is pretty unreliable and regularly loses configuration so I want to replace it.

I have see many systems from companies in CHina which cost less than a quarter of the price of Swann systems - albeit without discs usually and the ability to add USB or SATA. Seems to be too good to be true! Quanmin, Sannce, Floureon come to mind.

Am I missing something? I would guess these systems are pretty reliable and good quality but would anyone recommend one?

thanks. It would be a replacement of the analogue 4 channel Swann DVR04B with either a 4 or 8 channel.

Any advice gratefully received.

Actually, whilst I am at it, perhaps I could aks if anyone has had the same problem I have with Swann (DVR08B and 04B)

I set the network to a static address and one of the systems will change it to PPPOE after 10 minutes - with rubbish in the password and ID fields. If I tr to use PPPOE and enter the right details, it also changes itself to rubbish after ten minutes. My other system is alo static but I noticed that it had changed to DHCP all by itself too - though it still works.

Aver seen this?

thanks