MS_Security

New CCTV Business

Hi All,

I've recently taken the leap from offering just security systems into installing CCTV into primarily residential premises. I've got a bit of interest locally but looking for you guys to help me with suggestions please... best cameras, looking at Swann at the moment, which manufacturer's should I love and which ones should I avoid?

Any help would be great,

thanks,

Steve

Hi mate,

see you got no replies.I was going to post a similar question.Had my own various systems for 10 years now so I can draw on that, but it's just the leap to 'doing' it to someone elses property. Maybe we can swap notes.

If you're concentrating on domestic systems (which are mainly entry level quality) then your biggest selling point will be warranty. That is the main thing that will set you apart from your competitors. There is not much difference in equipment cost and the labour will be the same regardless of brand. I'm in Australia so cant help with specific brands /distributors but my supplier gives 3 yr warranty on even their cheapest gear. (rebranded Dahua)

I've done quite a lot of residential installs with Hikvision and Dahua - totally acceptable quality and reliability at rather low price, however lately I begun offering Milesight - their PTZ with motion-triggered led is a great deterrence and sales factor