Sign in to follow this  
hoofster

4 channels 2 cameras can I view 2 screens?

New user just getting used to my swann 4980 but for the life of me I can't suss how to view 2 screens, it's either 1 or 4.

Ideally I'd like my main view to be most of the screen and my other view to be a smaller box in the corner. Is this possible? Were should I be looking in the menu? Thanks.

Swann are pretty basic systems. The firmware is such that you can see 1 , 4 , 8 or 16 cameras on a screen. There are other brands that provide a PIP (picture in picture) format that you are seeking

Well that's the preferred option off the cards.

What about a single screen that comes on when the camera detects movement? I have a camera pointing at the front of my driveway and a camera pointing towards the driveway at the rear of my property. Could I set it up so as when the camera at the front detects movement that camera is shown on screen, but as the car/person moves down my drive the camera at the back will show on screen as the second camera picks up movement?

Again , some will have it & some wont. It is usually called "motion pop up". The current DVR I use at my house has it but it is a 10 y o no name brand and standard def analogue at that. I haven't seen it on any of the HD DVRs. Why they dropped it I dont know , it is a very useful feature