PeteCress

What IP Cams Have Native Night Vision Comparable to SkyBell?

Been fooling around with a Honeywell SkyBell today and tonite.

One thing that I notice right away is that the night vision is pretty good - better, I think, than my HikVision DS-2CD2335-I's (http://tinyurl.com/yc3shc3s).

Or is it my imagination?

If not, can anybody cite some user-grade cams with comparable native (i.e. no IR) night vision?

Tangentially, I also notice that Hik has started playing games with retail pricing - trying to restrict sales by outfits that sell for less.

Pete, look at the Hikvision ultra lowlight or Dahua starlight cameras, they cost a little more than the DS-2CD2335-I but have much better night vision.

... look at the Hikvision ultra lowlight or Dahua starlight cameras...

Which one do you have?

This one calls out to me because of the price and being turret: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6JS5HM2884&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-IP%2FNetwork+Cameras-_-9SIA6JS5HM2884&gclid=CjwKCAiA15vTBRAHEiwA7Snfc9yGQCh8vOygZlazvBcwxnu2fG9Is3WFYu1u8NCdUoyO6ZC7wfwNYRoC6O8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I bought a couple Dahuas a few years back, but was turned off by the proprietary software needed to do camera setup (i.e. no built-in web pages).

Every so often, when the money just starts spilling over, I think about doing an all-ACTi system because of the low resource needs of their camera hosting application - which seems to offload a lot of processing to the individual cams.... but I have no clue about ACTi's low light performance.

... look at the Hikvision ultra lowlight or Dahua starlight cameras...

Which one do you have?

This one calls out to me because of the price and being turret: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6JS5HM2884&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-IP%2FNetwork+Cameras-_-9SIA6JS5HM2884&gclid=CjwKCAiA15vTBRAHEiwA7Snfc9yGQCh8vOygZlazvBcwxnu2fG9Is3WFYu1u8NCdUoyO6ZC7wfwNYRoC6O8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I bought a couple Dahuas a few years back, but was turned off by the proprietary software needed to do camera setup (i.e. no built-in web pages).

Every so often, when the money just starts spilling over, I think about doing an all-ACTi system because of the low resource needs of their camera hosting application - which seems to offload a lot of processing to the individual cams.... but I have no clue about ACTi's low light performance.

there is no proprietary software needed to setup dahua cameras, nor was there ever...

acti is crap. All manufacture vms and nvr's use the cameras motion detection to trigger recording....you are severely misinformed... the skybell has no better night performance than any other 1080p camera...

Took delivery on 3 of those Bad Boyz a couple days ago : 2 2.8's and a 4mm.

The native night vision is head-and-shoulders above my older Hik turret cams... maybe it's the recent full moon, but the one I tested was actually picking up colors in the dead of night while the old one next to it essentially put up a black screen with a few street-light highlights for the same view.

The detail/clarity on the new cam is also noticeably better - at the same rez.