Hiwatch Vs Annke Vs Reolink POE / NVR - Recommendation?

Hi - We're looking for a 4 camera 4mp NVR POE system around £500, but having difficulty deciding on a brand.

I've read some fairly good reviews of Annke and Reolink, but for the money should we consider Hiwatch due to the parent company being Hikvision?

I believe Annke and Reolink camera's have aluminium bodies whereas Hiwatch are plastic. But internally will the Hiwatch NVR and camera's be Hikvision just with different cases and packaging? Obviously the Hiwatch systems run the Hikvision software which I assume must be a positive?

Also does anyone know which would be the best brand to work with OSX as we only have a MacBook and not a Microsoft computer?

Thanks for you help

The cameras may be made by Hikvision, but the firmware may be different. They may not update the firmware, or update it very slowly.

Why not just get Hikvision and that way be able to update the firmware for improvements and safety?

Hi - We're looking for a 4 camera 4mp NVR POE system around £500, but having difficulty deciding on a brand.

I've read some fairly good reviews of Annke and Reolink, but for the money should we consider Hiwatch due to the parent company being Hikvision?

I believe Annke and Reolink camera's have aluminium bodies whereas Hiwatch are plastic. But internally will the Hiwatch NVR and camera's be Hikvision just with different cases and packaging? Obviously the Hiwatch systems run the Hikvision software which I assume must be a positive?

Also does anyone know which would be the best brand to work with OSX as we only have a MacBook and not a Microsoft computer?

Thanks for you help

You have not done your research...reolink and annke's amazon reviews are mostly fake .

https://www.fakespot.com/product/home-security-camera-system-reolink-8ch-4-megapixel-1440p-video-security-system-2pcs-1440p-outdoor-bullet-2pcs-4mp-dome-ip-camera-65-100ft-night-vision-330ft-transmit-range-2tb-hdd-rlk8-410b2d2

reolink is a garbage lying company...

annke is mostly as well, though SOME of their cameras are simply rebaranded hikvision...

there are much better options out there,, search..

51cent - Hikvision would be first choice but costs a bit more. We’ve already pushed our budget from £300 to £500 to hopefully get a better system.

Where’s the best place to buy Hikvision in the uk as it seems you need to be a business to see the prices and buy from most websites? Buying off eBay or Amazon has its own risks so would rather source from a genuine site/agent.

And Boogieman, thanks for being so helpful! I came here looking for advice from experts or those with better knowledge than me. My research led me to Annke or Reolink but if you can suggest something better, please do...

Hi . Hiwatch (London) has nothing at all to do with hikvision ..... so who ever said sister company is talking crap and have lied to you.

However Hiwatch hikvision range does exist but is a budget range.

Have you not looked at uk manufactures with uk based tech and uk based p2p hack free monitoring

If £500 budget is a push ... have you considered 4mp HD analog

I would look at qvis viper range of nvrs and dvrs

The viper is much better than any hikvision

...I meant Hiwatch Hikvision!

I’d prefer a POE system because it’s easier for novice to install, but will look into Qvis cheers. From what I’ve read though I thought Hikvision and Dahua were respected as top end systems, with Qvis and the ones I mentioned more amateur? Is this not the case?

I might look into Hikvision but only buy a couple of cameras for the time being.

Thanks.

...I meant Hiwatch Hikvision!

I’d prefer a POE system because it’s easier for novice to install, but will look into Qvis cheers. From what I’ve read though I thought Hikvision and Dahua were respected as top end systems, with Qvis and the ones I mentioned more amateur? Is this not the case?

I might look into Hikvision but only buy a couple of cameras for the time being.

Thanks.

Hi. No it's not the case qvis are far from amateure and all rest you have listed qvis is the only one with hack protection.

The problem with buying hik in the uk is knowing if it's real or gray market. Buying from eBay and the likes ends up wasting money on a system with no support or future updates

51cent - Hikvision would be first choice but costs a bit more. We’ve already pushed our budget from £300 to £500 to hopefully get a better system.

Where’s the best place to buy Hikvision in the uk as it seems you need to be a business to see the prices and buy from most websites? Buying off eBay or Amazon has its own risks so would rather source from a genuine site/agent.

And Boogieman, thanks for being so helpful! I came here looking for advice from experts or those with better knowledge than me. My research led me to Annke or Reolink but if you can suggest something better, please do...

I suggest you search for dahua starlight and hikvision low light cameras...