stolt

Change or router, can no longer view camera outside network

evening, im recently switched my broadband from BT to Plusnet, so new router etc (not sure id ever do it again its only when you change router do you realise how much stuff nowadays is on wifi)

I have a hikvision 8 camera set up, its not the POE system its the older models.

I have the app on my IVMS.

the problem is i can view the cameras on my app on wifi but not on data.

Ive called plusnet and spoke to someone and he said he didnt have to change any port forwarding settings just said its alot easier with a static IP address, ive paid for static now and hes given me that

i have the IP address of the DVR aswell.

what do i do or where do i go with these ip addresses. I assumed i went to the hiddns page and update that with the IP address and port forward but i cant get my head round it.

on the app i have it pointing to the HiDDNS, ive gone onto that page it its says HiDDNS has migrated to hik connect, i tried to conenct to that but after i put the serial number of the DVR it didnt recognise it

any help or advice.

Hi. You have a static IP address.... So you don't need to use HIDDNS. OR HIK- connect.... Having a static is the same except it's yours and not a 3rd party.

DONT use your IP address on a hik server..... If you already have done then ask plusnet to change your static IP

Hi thanks for replying, yes i have a paid gbp5.00 for a static ip address, where do i need to put this to be able to view cameras outside the network.

thanks