kilojade

Advice please on HIKVISION system

Hi, I am after a Cctv system from HIKVISION. I have looked on eBay and there is 1000s!

I want a 4ch system. Dome type cameras, 2mp. Budget £350.

I am choosing 2mp as my monitor is only 1080p so there is no point in me getting 3-5mp cameras when I will only be able to see 1080p?

This if for my home. I don’t need anything high tech. Just want to be able to view 4ch@1080p on my monitor in a 4 screen split. And get the app on my phone. And to be decent in night vision.

My dad bought a high tech system not long ago. 5mp ip cameras 4K nvr. And he has a 4K monitor! However he can only view the 4xch split screen in 1080p max. But he can view 1ch in a single screen at 5mp. He thought buying a 5mp system he can view all 4 in a split screen @5mp. He was wrong. And that was the hole point of getting a 5mp system to see in 4 split screen lol

Anyway for a 2mp system for around £350 can anyone recommend any? Must be UK version as well.

Hi. Hikvision from eBay and the likes will end up being a waste of money.

Hikvision will not give you any support or supply updates for them to connect to the new hik connect or services plus they are old units on eBay.

With that Costco system you will have the same problem as your dad it will not show full res on 4 display.

I am choosing 2mp as my monitor is only 1080p so there is no point in me getting 3-5mp cameras when I will only be able to see 1080p?

Hi. Your monitor is only for viewing .......2-3-4-5mp is size of res stored footage to your hard drive........ it’s your recordings that’s important not the live view.

Take a look at the qvis viper dvr uk based company and it beats the hik and Swann

Hi, but I will be able to see 4x split screen at full 1080p on a 2mp camera kit? It’s live view that’s also important. And want to view the monitor at 1080p atleast

As for Hikvision. My dads is around 3 months old and he had all the how to ect with his. And was from eBay. Instructions on how to connect to phones ect including how to get the new Hik-Connect my dad said was very easy?

Will have a look at them cams you posed now but HIKVISION should be 1 of the best being mosty used ? I don’t like to buy a system that isn’t much info on online

Ok buy the hikvision from eBay ......if you think you will get any support from hikvision I can guarantee you won't

The Swann from Costco .... I fitted one last Thursday 8 Chanel 4 camera 3mp tvi system ........... It was junk I have seen better 1.3mp images ..... Live 4 screen is low res till you click on one camera ......night image was crap ...... Well crap for what is available in today's market.

Then there p2p goes to a server in shanzen city China ..... Only way past that is to not use the QR code setup and get your own static IP .......but that was reboxed and the guy is taking it back.

Ok mate thanks.

I looked up that system you said and it’s trade only no prices online either ?

I will pop down to hdsecure it’s a big company near me who sell Hikvision systems. And ask what system can I get that I can view 4 sceens at 1080p.

I just don’t get if I buy a 2mp system. Why can’t I view all 4 at 1080p. It’s confusing!

If I want to view all 4 at 1080p would I need 4mp cams mate? My head is burnt!

I will pop down to hdsecure it’s a big company near me who sell Hikvision systems.

Why call down....your eBay links are from them

But some more advice .....when you see .... Hikvision uk software in discription ....then you are not buying from a hikvision aurtherised seller.

AAACCTV ltd.... Aka ...... Exvision CCTV ltd struck off 2017 now calling themselfs HD security ltd.

Good luck on them being aurtherised which I know there not with us only being 12 miles from them.

I will pop down to hdsecure it’s a big company near me who sell Hikvision systems.

Why call down....your eBay links are from them

But some more advice .....when you see .... Hikvision uk software in discription ....then you are not buying from a hikvision aurtherised seller.

AAACCTV ltd.... Aka ...... Exvision CCTV ltd struck off 2017 now calling themselfs HD security ltd.

Good luck on them being aurtherised which I know there not with us only being 12 miles from them.

Sent u pm mate

I can't recommend an exact solution but the only thing I can say - eBay is not the best place to buy CCTV... You will pay MORE just because the seller must pay a percentage to eBay which follows by a HIGHER price on eBay ? So unless you buy from a private person, there is no point in shopping at eBay! Better to check if this supplier has a real/online shop (not eBay store).

I bought recently my Hikvision camera Dome 5 MP from Armsec at only £45 (there is a discount at the moment) https://www.arm-sec.co.uk/deals

Would recommend having a look at this UK online store, so far I am quite satisfied with them! :) And, thanks God, they show prices in their online store not only for businesses but for usual end-customers (as I am) as well! I personally don't like to spend extra time contacting companies/stores about prices etc.

Hopefully, my recommendation could be helpful

I would recommend looking at the Hilook range from Hikvision. It's Hikvisions lower cost solution for domestic and small business applications. Don't risk buying Hikvision from eBay, it will be from a non authorised source and you are unlikely to get any warranty. We have found the Hilook stuff to be spot on price/reliability wise for small jobs. If your not a trade installer you will probably find it difficult to buy Hikvision as authorised re-sellers wont sell to end users so this is the next best thing. I would recommend this camera as it has a good night vision range https://connectec.uk/security/cctv/cctv-cameras/diy-analogue-cctv-cameras/hilook-thc-t240-m-4mp-tvi-turret-camera?variant_id=13110#variant-details

I would avoid using dome cameras outside as they suffer quite badly from infrared bounce back when the dome cover gets wet or dirty and the night vision ends up being really poor. Look at the turrets or bullets.

If you can stretch to an IP system you will get better image quality and a much neater install as the cameras run off a single ethernet cable and power from the recorder so there's no messy power supplies etc back at the recorder end. You get all the usual app access on your phone.They have a really good deal on a 4mp IP camera at the moment that has a cracking image. https://connectec.uk/security/cctv/cctv-cameras/diy-ip-cctv-cameras/hiwatch-ipc-b140-4-megapixel-hd-compact-ip-bullet-camera

The Hilook recorders will usually display 4x 1080p cameras at once which is all you will really need when split in to 4. With higher resolution you will benefit from a better quality digital zoom on playback.