Sign in to follow this  
reggie.trevvett

Harrogate/Knaresborough CCTV Installer Please

Hello,

I have a job for a local CCTV engineer replacing a Vista SmartDisc on a commercial install.

I also do some work myself on weekends installing some electrics and CCTV so would like to get in touch with a local CCTV pro to share ideas with

Thanks

Reg

Hello,

I have a job for a local CCTV engineer replacing a Vista SmartDisc on a commercial install.

I also do some work myself on weekends installing some electrics and CCTV so would like to get in touch with a local CCTV pro to share ideas with

Thanks

Reg

Hi. Reg. Your right smartdisc needs a well overdue update.

What type of commercial ? Also how many cameras do you have .... Changing smartdisc will also need camera upgrade as everything is only CIF

Hi Tom, it's a warehouse/office unit with 13 cameras indoors/outdoors.

It had a Vista CCTV system fitted in 2011 but the Vista SmartDisc used for remote monitoring seems to have an issue meaning that the remote monitoring can't shout down the PA system...

Thanks

Reg

Hi Tom, it's a warehouse/office unit with 13 cameras indoors/outdoors.

It had a Vista CCTV system fitted in 2011 but the Vista SmartDisc used for remote monitoring seems to have an issue meaning that the remote monitoring can't shout down the PA system...

Thanks

Reg

Hi. Reg. vistas remote lost support back in February for the old analog Richard one of there tech guys works for us.

Did vista also do your monitoring?

What is your budget to replace

The visa system back in 2011 would of been expensive kit. It’s much cheaper these days

I would try and stay with a uk manufacturer so as to keep better support.

I would also look at a cvi 5mp system which will run on existing cable and will give you more useful options with today’s tech.

Number plate recognition/ Face detect is standard on a lot of system now.