Sign in to follow this  
chcnorris29

GDPR and Road Recording.

Hi,

We currently have a 4 cam system on our house. The cameras currently monitor the 1) front garden, 2) back garden/gated drive, 3) side garden/side door and 4) The road outside out back drive way, because we have 2 cars and a 1 car drive way, we often have tools and materials in our cars due to been construction industry works. We always park the less venerable car on the road in one of a few places depending on free space, these areas are covered by the 4th camera.

One think we have noticed is that we are not able to see any of the road or the t junction at the front of our house (corner house on junction of two roads). Originally this did not bother us, however of late, there have been suspicious activity at the front of the house, such as people loitering outside and been very nervous/watching there surroundings before joining other people arriving by car and very quickly exiting the car and running from the area, all of this not covered by the cameras, but has been seen on evening when we have heard noises and looked out the window.

This is obviously a cause of concern and in further thinking about it, it would make sense to me that if an event on our property (such as theft) too place, it would be good to watch the road area to know what direction they left in and what car (if any).

For the reasons above i am considering adding 1 or 2 additional cams to monitor the public highway areas directly surrounding the property (but not looking in to anyone else property, i would ensure this with camera angles and filters if required). However after spending ages going through documents and online pages i can not seem to find any definitive answers that are not outdated since the recent GDPR introduction.

Could any one please shed some light regarding how we stand legally with installing the cameras.

Extra note, we currently do not have any signage of the cctv as it is a domestic setting and also the installed cameras are easily noticeable so did not believe this to be necessary.

Thanks in advance for any advice and sorry this is a long post.

Thanks

Chris