catcat

Samsung SDR-B74301N no iOS connection

Greetings all,

Picked up a Samsung SDR-B74301N 8 channel dvr kit to replace a QSEE QT-480 DVR that I had for 6 years that just died, no boot screen or video output.

I'm a bit perplexed and disappointed as the new unit has more accessibility issues than the QSEE model I had including some dealbreakers for me and I'm curious if anyone else here has experience with this model or these units.

The first issue is with accessability via a monitor connected via hdmi or vga. I had the unit hooked to a VGA monitor that supports DVI and VGA, at resolutions of 1024x768 which the unit is noted to support from the manufacturer yet it fails to output a correct signal to the monitor on either VGA or DVI. The DVI cable is a DVI to hdmi cable that I used on my previous QSEE to output video and that worked fine with the same monitor.

I changed the monitor to a 27" Samsung and that refused to work with the new samsung dvr, only through vga, not DVI/hdmi, yet a samsung tv with hdmi would work fine. Bizzare.

The second issue is that the unit will not recognize a usb keyboard, and yes the QSEE unit I had did work in this area. Not the end of the world but entering a password with mouse clicks is a tad silly.

The third issue is that the DVR is not accessable on any iPad or iPhone through their wisenet app. The app wants a QR code which I have which populates the ID of the device only, I have to supply the IP address and what I assume is the default ID, for these units the default is 000000 and then the password.

No matter what I try, the connection fails every time and I have downloaded every "wisenet" app in the app store and tried them all, they all fail yet you can access the DVR menu through a browser, more on that in a second, and access it that way fine.

The fourth issue is that this and even my previous dvr required some "plugin" to download off the device when you call up it's internal server via port 80 yet on a Macintosh it will not prompt or start the download unless you are using Safari, if you use chrome or firefox it will not work most likely due to some browser detection JavaScript they have written on the install plugin page. Took me a few tries to figure out what exactly was the issue and that was what it was. You also can't pull the DVR control panel up via a web browser on a Samsung television browser app as it requires the installation of the additional "plugin".

Does anyone have any experience with these units, are they just not a 100% solution out of the box? Is there any tricks or tips for getting any of the wisenet apps to work? Their customer service when I reached out was quick to reply but not entirely helpful for any of my above issues or concerns.

Thanks in advance!

Hello All

I hold an SDR-B74301 with 8 cameras , all is well configured to get alert on my phone for evry intrusion at home , localy at home the VDR EMITED A WEAK ALARM SOUD FOR EVRY INTRUSION, my question is HOW I COULD ADD AN STRONG ALARM CONNECTED TO THE VDR TO AMPLIFI SOUND ALARM???

If sombody can help pls let me know at my email: bouchaib.jallouli@gmail.com

thanks and BRGDS

Hello All

I hold an SDR-B74301 with 8 cameras , all is well configured to get alert on my phone for evry intrusion at home , localy at home the VDR EMITED A WEAK ALARM SOUD FOR EVRY INTRUSION, my question is HOW I COULD ADD AN STRONG ALARM CONNECTED TO THE VDR TO AMPLIFI SOUND ALARM???

thanks and BRGDS

Hello All

thanks and BRGDS

On 3/23/2023 at 10:57 PM, BOUCHIAB said:

Hello All

thanks and BRGDS

Sonic exe

This issue is not very feasible because I think usually a camera can only exist a warning sound and cannot have other stronger sounds.