JoBab

Kview only working at home for SHA 104 KGuard Receiver

Good Morning,

I have had a KGuard SHA 104 for years. Recently I changed internet providers.

I had to go through the whole port forwarding thing to get the cameras to show on my app again.

This works fine as long as I am at home, however, as soon as I am somewhere else I can open the app but as soon as i try to look at the cameras, the app closes.

I've tried using a different app like VMeye and same thing. Works at home but not anywhere else. This happens both on my phone and my husbands as well.

Did I do something wrong when forwarding the ports? I'm just not sure where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have a nice day!

Good Morning,

I have had a KGuard SHA 104 for years. Recently I changed internet providers.

I had to go through the whole port forwarding thing to get the cameras to show on my app again.

This works fine as long as I am at home, however, as soon as I am somewhere else I can open the app but as soon as i try to look at the cameras, the app closes.

I've tried using a different app like VMeye and same thing. Works at home but not anywhere else. This happens both on my phone and my husbands as well.

Did I do something wrong when forwarding the ports? I'm just not sure where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have a nice day!

Hi. Sound like you are only using your local IP address something like 192.168.1.x

Away from your home you need to use your external IP address

Click on this to see your external IP

https://www.whatismyip.com/my-ip-information/

Thank you tomcctv!

That was exactly what what my issue was.

Thanks a million!

Have a great day!