Sign in to follow this  
Guest ArchieG

DVR suddenly stopped recording

I'm looking for some advice please.

I have a Sannce DVR with 4 cameras. It has been working fine for the past 4 years but on Sunday at about 0415hrs it suddenly stopped recording on all cameras.

It's a wired (as opposed to WiFi) set up and all the camera wires come in together thru an upstairs window frame and all are still in tact. There is power to the DVR and it can playback - which is why I know when it stopped recording as I checked the playback.

However, I checked the hard drive info and it showed zero capacity but it's been on overwrite for the past 4 years. I've tried to get it to manually delete the last four days of recording (which would include the video I'd looked at)but it doesn't seem to have done it as it still won't record.

I've also rebooted the DVR.

I'd be grateful for any advice on what you think it might be and any solutions. Thank you.

I'm looking for some advice please.

I have a Sannce DVR with 4 cameras. It has been working fine for the past 4 years but on Sunday at about 0415hrs it suddenly stopped recording on all cameras.

It's a wired (as opposed to WiFi) set up and all the camera wires come in together thru an upstairs window frame and all are still in tact. There is power to the DVR and it can playback - which is why I know when it stopped recording as I checked the playback.

However, I checked the hard drive info and it showed zero capacity but it's been on overwrite for the past 4 years. I've tried to get it to manually delete the last four days of recording (which would include the video I'd looked at)but it doesn't seem to have done it as it still won't record.

I've also rebooted the DVR.

I'd be grateful for any advice on what you think it might be and any solutions. Thank you.

Hi. Your post is a bit confusing..... before you do anything with hard drive

You say in your post you checked all camera wires..... this would have nothing to do with hard drive

Are all your cameras still showing on monitor ?