Sign in to follow this  
2410Davie

Hikvision skipping frames when playing back recordings

Hi All I recently purchased a new Hikvision DS-7616NI-K2/16P NVR but on playback of any recordings I have noticed if you fast forward 4x or more it skips frames around 5-6 seconds at a time and doesn't play back smoothly so things can be missed.

Is there any settings I can change to fix this issue so that when I fast forward I see all the video just speeded up?

Thanks

David

Hi All I recently purchased a new Hikvision DS-7616NI-K2/16P NVR but on playback of any recordings I have noticed if you fast forward 4x or more it skips frames around 5-6 seconds at a time and doesn't play back smoothly so things can be missed.

Is there any settings I can change to fix this issue so that when I fast forward I see all the video just speeded up?

Thanks

David

Hi. That depends on how many cameras you play back at a time.

Your NVR is not a AV system so does not have processing power.

You could switch recording off while you playback. But you might forget to switch it back on

You could switch recording off while you playback. But you might forget to switch it back on

Hi I am just playing back 1 camera at a time, if i export the video and play it back on my PC its fine but the issue is something happened when I was away last week over the space of 4 days so I need to be able to watch through the footage but speed it up so skipping frames isn't good as it will miss something.

Hi I am just playing back 1 camera at a time, if i export the video and play it back on my PC its fine but the issue is something happened when I was away last week over the space of 4 days so I need to be able to watch through the footage but speed it up so skipping frames isn't good as it will miss something.

It's not missing frames it just can't process and keep recording at the same time

It's not missing frames it just can't process and keep recording at the same time

I tried it even with recording turned off on all cameras and it does exactly the same, i upgraded thinking this Hikvision would be better than my old cheap Anran system but i have to say its the same in terms of playback so I thought it might of been something else like a setting could of adjusted?

I tried it even with recording turned off on all cameras and it does exactly the same, i upgraded thinking this Hikvision would be better than my old cheap Anran system but i have to say its the same in terms of playback so I thought it might of been something else like a setting could of adjusted?

Not a fan of hikvision recorders.

Hikvision are always at there limit ....... Try and knock down your resolution on the cameras that you need to playback quick and see how it goes.

Even using hik vms to playback is slow ....other brands do it much better with analytics

Thanks

David

Please check on your camera setting whether you can possibly set the Reference Frame Distance by 4 frames, if you like to fast forward 4X. Only 4th frames and Intracoded frames are to be decoded and displayed, skipping 1,2,3rd frames.

Please check on your camera setting whether you can possibly set the Reference Frame Distance by 4 frames, if you like to fast forward 4X. Only 4th frames and Intracoded frames are to be decoded and displayed, skipping 1,2,3rd frames.

Have a think about that sunnykim

Have a think about that sunnykim

Please allow me to add a bit more. Probably by default, the reference frame distance might be set as one at the IP camera side and you can reconstruct (decode/decompress) the current video frame by the previous frame on your NVR side.

The chipset in your NVR may be able to decode/reconstrcut faster than 120 FPS(frames per second) for fast forwarding 4X times. But most display is designed for 60 FPS. The software on your NVR might not be tested, I guess. And it could not be easy to decode 120FPS but skipping every other frames for 60 FPS display.

For the reference frame by four, every 4th frame is to be used as a reference frame for encoding 1,2,3, and 4th frames. Then only 4 th frames need to be decoded and reconstructed, skipping 1,2,3rd frames at the NVR side. Thus 8 and 16 fast forwarding can be achieved without clocking much faster.

Sunnykim.

If you think you can see a missed frame at 60fps

Your crap about between IP camera and NVR ........what if you miss out the NVR?

Every reply you give over the years is chipset problem.

It's a problem hikvision NVRs have always had .......they run at there max power .........recorder and view anything else the is no processing power.

It will play back fine once footage has been removed.

That is one thing PC based systems kill standalone ......they have the power to record and playback and do analytics all at the same time