reeves1985

Mini nvr questions

I've got the device setup with a Hikvision camera, a Grandstream GXV3504 and a 'ELP' cheap chinese camera they all seem to trigger motion events (observed via the console) but since it's not recording I can't really verify this 100%

on what protocol are these connected ?

It seems that mine worked because I used the Xvision search tool to upload the firmware, everyone else that failed did it direct via usb?

Does anyone know of any software that can view the NVR on mac osx?

@hendrik6073 ELP and Hikvision on ONVIF and the Grandstream GXV3504 while detected by ONVIF only picked up channel 2 so I forced it to RTSP.

As for the flashing, I tried via the upload tool which repeatedly errored out on me. I still haven't gotten around to playing with the device any more to try and figure out why...

Okay, so with Onvif you can set the motion detection, sensitivity etc on the NVR full functioning ?

what is the type (or hardware / software) of ELP ?

thanks

Ooops, allow me to update on this. I got a firmware update for my unit, and now it works fine and detectes all my Hikvision and Dahua cameras. I still have not been able to test recording on the unit. Here are some thoughts so far:

- I still do have 2 ONVIF cameras that are not detected. I don't care about them.

- The menus suck. I am used to Hikvision and Dahua interfaces/menus; the ones I have on this unit are a lot worse.

- I still have not been able to do any recording. The USB pendrive is there, but I just have not figured out on this interface how to record.

- The streams on the cameras have to be the same, or they won't work. That is, you have 4 cameras? They better be able to work all of them at the same resolution (1920x1080, 1080x720) or it won't work. You can not have 2 cameras at 1920x1080 and 2 cameras at 1080x720.

- I still did not try any remote access... but it is supposed to be there.

Well, I got my Super Mini NVR and have had a little time to play with it. (Not enough time)

Some thoughts:

On my network I have 5 different brands of cameras and the "auto detect" did not find any of them. (I kind of expected that) I have now manually configured 3 cameras and 2 of the 3 work great! (So far still working on that third one)

Note: None on the network were Hikvision or DaHua..

The menus are very intuitive and so far everything I have tried works like it should. I have recorded to the eSATA HHD and can play it back without problems. It records and plays back in full 1920X1080 so that is good.

I wish I had more time to play with it but that is all the information I have for now.... More when I get the time!

What brand of hard drive did you use?

Regards,

Jason Rosalez

My mini NVR is 4 channel. Can I use the same firmware upgade given here?

and also really appreciate if someone post contact detail of the factory? I have same model as most of your guys except its 4channel

Hi all .. i m new here i just brick one of my mini nvr " title="Applause" /> with my second one i have 5 cams on , 3 under onvif protocol, the rest under I9 protocol.. The I9 work like a charm, detection ok , sensibility ok.. but not with the onvif protocol. What the difference with I9 and onvif?

thx a lot

ps: soz for my english

hi,

i am reading this topic with much interest.

nice to see everybody has same NVR problems als i have.

i like the device, problem is finding the right cams.

i installed a vanxse v-b810 and it worked like charme, good image, motion detect settings can be done etc etc.

i thought Onvif did the trick so i ordered exactly the same cam again. That one does not do the NVR motion detection.

When i set the settings go away from the setting page and then go back to motion settings, the settings are gone.

only difference in both cams is hardware and software version. brand and type are the same.

I ordered a few other cams, non of them works, they are all Onvif.

My my question is on what protocol do the HikeVision cams do there job.

My first Vanxse uses the i8 protocol and works fine, the second (and all other cams) connect Onvif and don't work.

I asked AEvision, they confirm most Onvif don't work jet.

Does anyone has problem with a i.xx protocol or has anyone problems with Onvif ?

i use onvif manager , and all cam with i9 using 2.0 onvif protocol (detection mouvement = ok) with onvif 2.1 nothing works...

i use onvif manager , and all cam with i9 using 2.0 onvif protocol (detection mouvement = ok) with onvif 2.1 nothing works...

i use onvif manager............ are you pointing to 'Onvif Device Manager' the stand alone software ?

in that tool i see my 4 camera's as Onvif 2.0, only 1 is working with NVR as should, on i8 protocol.

i ordered a new NVR with other cams that should do another protocol i13, wainting for that one to come and test.

DX also sell's camera's that can connect to i8 protocol, i heard.

Onvif20.jpg.a7e44b417ba0a11d5658c0759891a501.jpg

In fact I have 5 cameras, 2 I8 are ok everything works and 3 others onvif protocol (they do not work with Motion Detection) and if I change up the cameras. eg Cam1 I8 in Cam5 then the detection of Cam5 starts to work.

I ordered two camera with 2.0 onvif protocol to test

My mini NVR is 4 channel. Can I use the same firmware upgade given here?

and also really appreciate if someone post contact detail of the factory? I have same model as most of your guys except its 4 channel

Could you please some-one respond to this query?

mine is a aevision, just google.

problem is that there a are different devices, using different software anf hardware . Just pointing to a manufacturer or a firmware might kill youre NVR

Hello guys

I have bought nvr server DONGJIA DA-2008A, everything was OK when I have used IP adress 192.168.1.23 but few days ago I have installed it to my cusomer and i had to change IP of server to 10.1.10.250 and after reboot nvr bricked on 99 percent on screen.Than I také second one nvr-absolutly the same and did steps before but same result.Customer is angry and I dont know how to unbrick nvr.

Have you got any advices?

Thanx and sorry for my terrible english

Regards

Ludvik

can you clone the firmware from a camera and place it in an other one ?

I have 3 exactly the same looking camera's with all three different firmware.

one is working with motion detection that one I want to clone

same here with vanxse, 2 exactly the same camera's , brand, type, seller only little internal hardware version difference. 1 working, other not working. Second cannot be updated with the software i could update the first.

the super mini nvr in multiple brands escam foscam etz etz does anybody knows where to find these firmware's ???

Xvision claim they have the original Mini NVR and others are just poor copies.

http://hdcctv.co.uk/collections/ip-network-recorders/products/hd-ip-mini-8-camera-network-video-recorder-xrn0808e

For the motion detection to work with their NVR you must use a camera from the XC range:

http://hdcctv.co.uk/collections/ip-cameras/products/hd-ip-2-megapixel-3-6mm-wide-angle-ip-camera-xc1080bp

Has anyone any info what makes their XC camera special and what other cameras is working motion detection.

regards Matias

Answering myself.

I'm out on deep water here but on several pages that offer this similar NVR under different brands the say "motion detection only with IPC support" Is that now the camera itself that must use a IPC protocol or something else? Would this work with all IPC cameras?

Not knowing what I'm talking about so feel free to correct me.

Matias...

IPC is not realy mentioned at camera specs on ebay for example.

So how to find them ?

I know sku 315912 at DX works with my NVR on i9 protocol.

i9 is not mentioned when i read the camera specs.

also i9 with this cam has some issues i cannot block out parts of the images for motion detection.

no problem for me, with i8 protocol on a differnt cam this works fine

Hey guys, i got one of these mini NVR's the other day and i set it all up last night. Everything works great, except i am not able to get it to record. I spent hours trying to figure it out. I am using a Seagate 2TB hard drive. It shows the drive connected to it and i select the Manual record option for all cameras, but it doesn't actually record...anyone help would be appreciated. I have looked through this thread but i haven't come across anything, unless i missed it. Is there a firmware update i need to do?

can / did you fotmat the drive ?

yup, more then once. It says its on Version V4.0, build date: 2014-04-17.

can / did you fotmat the drive ?

Are you powering the drive externally? ie using a USB hub?

Seems off the point, but what protocol are you using from the cameras?