reeves1985

Mini nvr questions

Please upload image of your NVR menu.

The date of your firmware cant help us to know how your menu look like

Every company have a diffrent GUI

Hi,

in this moment i have onliy webinterface...

Thanks

try in SYSTEM MANAGMENT

or give me link to your firmware

or the name of your NVR

I will look for manual PDF

I think that there is one problem.

Most of us use this device as NVR, and connect ONLY through webbrowser while the web interface is cut down from some options. First configuration should be made using hdmi/dsub connection.

This is very disappointing, becouse hdmi connection should be only secondary and main connection should be made via webbrowser. IMHO that is vendor missunderstunding on customers requirements.

Like i said many times there is no one in company who cares about User Experience - device is not bad but GUI is fatal and should be redesigned from scratch.

Hi,

i have using hdmi/dsub connection and same problem....

webbrowser i have used only for printscreen....

Thanks

I have two mini NVRs

one is working fine after i update its firmware to version that support my ipwebcam

and the other one left for testing

I download and install your firmware and didn't found the overwrite option

I look with external screen that I connect to VGA-OUT and also withe CHROME and IE

if you want, I can upload all the versions that I have and you can check them on your NVR

I have two mini NVRs

one is working fine after i update its firmware to version that support my ipwebcam

I look with external screen that I connect to VGA-OUT and also withe CHROME and IE

if you want, I can upload all the versions that I have and you can check them on your NVR

There is no visible switch for hdd rewrite option in latest firmwares - don't look for it. Rewrite is default setting without any switches.

Is it possible to have this NVR [i have an 8Chan version N6200 with 4x Escam QD300 ONVIF HD 720P]

do 24x7 recording but flag when motion events happen ?

Can't you make the nvr firmware open source and then we can develop and add features like the ability to handle http streams etc.

By open sourcing the firmware we can fix bugs quicker and add new features quicker, so there is a big benefit to the suppliers and consumers.

As a developer I would like to help add features.

Can't you make the nvr firmware open source and then we can develop and add features like the ability to handle http streams etc.

By open sourcing the firmware we can fix bugs quicker and add new features quicker, so there is a big benefit to the suppliers and consumers.

I notice that if you connect the DOK with USB HUB

then , when you browse with the UPGRADE option, you can see all the linux os files

maybe by this way you can change settings in the system

and take a look here

http://ryan.com.br/blogs/quicktalk/2014/09/analise-de-um-mini-nvr-chines-com-suporte-a-onvif/

Edited by Guest

I notice that if you connect the DOK with USB HUB

then , when you browse with the UPGRADE option, you can see all the linux os files

maybe by this way you can change settings in the system

Hi guys, I am currently running the latest firmware (2015-1-24) with my k108 with 2 escam cameras QD520 and QD530. I also uploaded the i12 protocol but still no luck. Motion detect enabled (success unlike before will indicate failed) but no recordings. If I choose the i12 protocol instead of onvif the preview will go black. If I choose schedule it will record 1-2 hours and after it will stop but the LED indicator of the external HDD will continuously lit up but there will no longer be any recordings. Do you have the same problem with the latest firmware? Is there a solution for these problems?

@Szymon_Zy

Thanks man I will try that. Is your camera and NVR working flawless now? What HDD are you using? traditional or industrial grade hdd?

Update:

Still no good, its still displays a black screen with a camera picture in the center. Do you have the latest i12?

Edited by Guest

Hi Guys,

just as information:

When I connected 5 cameras to my NVR, suddenly channel 1 began dropping connection...then turned back, then again off.

As I investigated, the camera (network?) was not able to load the streams bandwith

(5 x 2500Kb). When I throttled them down, everything began working smoothly (or maybe the hdd was not able the cope with the load as pre-recording with motion detect is being used...don't know)

I also ordered a SATA cable to connect hdd, as USB connection is still very unstable (using firmware 01-24)

David

@ brazsik

What HDD are you using, traditional or the industrial grade?

“As I investigated, the camera (network?) was not able to load the streams bandwith

(5 x 2500Kb).” You mean the mini NVR cannot cope up with the load?

Anyone also having trouble with the date/time? I don't know whats wrong but the time of my 2 cameras change automatically this didn't happen before. Tried synching with the nvr and also tried 12 and 24 hour format just to test it. The date/time of the mini NVR remains the same except for the 2 cameras, very weird. I also changed the GMT to see any effect.

@ brazsik

What HDD are you using, traditional or the industrial grade?

“As I investigated, the camera (network?) was not able to load the streams bandwith

(5 x 2500Kb).” You mean the mini NVR cannot cope up with the load?

It's a standard 2,5" seagate in external box.

Well, for the second question, answer is: probably I guess. But as I wrote, I suspect there is a connection with the hdd recording...

when I will use esate connection, I will test my theory again.

I have two mini NVRs

There is no visible switch for hdd rewrite option in latest firmwares - don't look for it. Rewrite is default setting without any switches.

Hi, Thank you for this thread and all the answers here. My system is (was) running flawlessly mostly due to this thread. Record on motion, multiple cameras, remote access. Perfect!

My NVR stopped ALL recording when the hard drive was full, It seems that the switch may not be set to overwrite by default. I got an exception alarm (HDD Full) and tone then all recording stopped. I am using the 01-24-2015 firmware on an 8 channel.

Is there any way to confirm/correct this?

Thanks

SomeAssembly

Hi, Thank you for this thread and all the answers here. My system is (was) running flawlessly mostly due to this thread. Record on motion, multiple cameras, remote access. Perfect!

My NVR stopped ALL recording when the hard drive was full, It seems that the switch may not be set to overwrite by default. I got an exception alarm (HDD Full) and tone then all recording stopped. I am using the 01-24-2015 firmware on an 8 channel.

Is there any way to confirm/correct this?

Thanks

SomeAssembly

Hello,

I have the same problem, someone managed to solve it?

thank you

Hello. Got a mini NVR2 N6200-9EH. Prompt, that 30-pin slot is hidden under the hood "Expansion slot" and what is it used?

Hi All

I have everything working, other than the email service.

I am using a yahoo email account however it doesn't seem to like the SMTP server of smtp.mail.yahoo.com and also doesn't like the POP server of pop.mail.yahoo.com.

Can I use a Yahoo email account or am I better off using GMAIL?

Regards

James

I finally got Dana to work!!

For some unknown reason, there are TWO different Danale apps (both made by same developer).

This is the one that works:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/danale/id648733750

I had some trouble verifying my email account, but after it finally accepted the verification code, the app worked perfectly. Much smoother video and much better playback options than GooLink.