tonypattinson

Robox rebadged Dahua?

I'm having password trouble with a DVR I've recently bought on eBay. Can anybody confirm that this is a Dahua unit and if so which one? I have reset the unit by pulling out the battery and need to input the admin or 888888 password. I believe the unit has never been used as its so clean inside. Any help or guidance is much appreciated, thanks in advance. Pics attached.

Tony

IMG_5626.JPG.1d11c3a4eb1cf0a50593a3e63ab7b428.JPG

IMG_5630.JPG.a965e8bd672487101508167178ffbe60.JPG

IMG_5631.JPG.21709d77aa65ff50468698986dc6b76d.JPG

The password suggested above worked fine with the dahua software on my mac however it didn't connect with the Robox DVR0804HF-A unit. The screen grabs show how far I get on the unit itself with the unit buttons but sadly I'm simply unable to tap in the password with button combinations. I plug in a usb mouse (from my mac, tried 2 mice) and no cursor appears and therefore that doesn't work. I am unable to tap in any letters or numbers to unlock the unit. Does anybody know what I need to be able to input a password. Am I missing a ir remote maybe?

Thanks again for your help

Tony

IMG_5643.JPG.69c60640c7314ac0052f0303b2aff7f2.JPG

IMG_5644.JPG.cbce1e76a037100fc1435784978219ac.JPG

Thank you but how do I tap in 888888. A mouse doesn't work, do I need a IR remote? Is there a special button combination, I have been unable to find one. Could it be I need a PC mouse? I'm at a loss here. Thanks for your help.

Thanks so much for that reply. Do you know the manufacturer/number for the remote so I can pick one up online.

You've been a fantastic help. Cheers Tony

Share you DVR in full remote access and will see.

If you have firmware for it - it well be better!

it's customazing Dahua DVR. Old model looks like in login menu.

Thank you but how do I tap in 888888. A mouse doesn't work, do I need a IR remote? Is there a special button combination, I have been unable to find one. Could it be I need a PC mouse? I'm at a loss here. Thanks for your help.

Use a USB mouse. Check if the mouse has any leds that turn on, showing that the mouse does get power.

The menus are there, probably just on the wrong video output.

If you have a monitor connected to VGA/HDMI, use a normal TV connected to video out.

If you have a normal TV connected to video out, use a monitor connected to VGA/HDMI.

What about if it has a network port, get it online, login through the computer on the web browser, and if the 888888 password works. Then while logged in through the web browser, change the password to something only alphabetical abc, etc.