goodolick

Connect to cameras through Dahua NVR

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried to search some, but could not find the answer.

I have ditched my old analog setup and went digital, the way of Dahua.

I have the NVR4216_P8, I am wanting to connect directly to my camears instead of the NVR to look at their configs. For some reason I cant connect. Below is what I have going on.

Home Network is 192.168.1.0/24

Switch on NVR is 10.1.11/24

NVR IP is 192.168.1.108

I have logged into my router and added a static route as follows,

10.1.1.1/24 Nexthop IP address 192.168.1.108 metric 1.

I am still not able to ping or connect to camera.

So then I tried adding the same static route on the windows box I would be accessing from and still cant connect or ping.

I also went in the NVR settings and added 192.168.1.0/24 as a trusted network.

Ideas?

I just want to connect to the cameras directly with out having to manage them from the NVR.

Can't do that, the cameras on the integrated POE ports are on a different subnet (for a reason, so they can not be accessed directly).

The only way to do it is to use a computer (I recommend laptop) and connect the lan cable from the computer to a free port on the back of the NVR, and configure the network on the computer with an IP oni the same subnet (10.1.whatever)

I was able to access the cameras though the DVR interface, there is an IE link in the camera settings page.

I understand now that the NVR is trying to segregate the cameras and probably has some sort of of protection preventing 192.x network from the 10x network, however, because two computers are on different subnets does not mean they can not talk. All that would normally be required is a static route.

I was able to access the cameras though the DVR interface, there is an IE link in the camera settings page.

Then there is your solution.

Yup, got it thanks.

I got 5 cameras up, waiting on 3 more to get here from China.

On 4/21/2017 at 1:45 AM, goodolick said:

I understand now that the NVR is trying to segregate the cameras and probably has some sort of of protection preventing 192.x network from the 10x network, however, because two computers are on different subnets does not mean they can not talk. All that would normally be required is a static route.

Hi There, would you be able to share how you access the Camera's plugged into the NVR via IP. I wish to display the IP Camera's plugged in NVR on the Dahua Intercom LCD which only take IP Address.