EFEZY

Geovision on MAC

I need to help!!!

Project:

I have a customer who wants a geovision system but he wants to use his mac CPU. What would you recommend? Will this be wise to do? should i keep this system independent? Please Advise good and bad. Thks

I need to help!!!

Project:

I have a customer who wants a geovision system but he wants to use his mac CPU. What would you recommend? Will this be wise to do? should i keep this system independent? Please Advise good and bad. Thks

He can use his Mac but he will have to dual boot or virtualize Windows as the Geovision software and drivers will only function in Windows. There is no OS X support and as far as I know there are no immediate plans for OS X support either. There are several standalone DVR's that offer native OS X applications for live monitoring, however.

You can use ultravnc server on windows 7 to access it on a mac using chicken of the vnc. Works great. I've use realvnc with windows xp and chicken also.

Basically makes that window show up on the mac, it's great. I have my system on windows and access it that way.

These are free programs.

You can use ultravnc server on windows 7 to access it on a mac using chicken of the vnc. Works great. I've use realvnc with windows xp and chicken also.

Basically makes that window show up on the mac, it's great. I have my system on windows and access it that way.

These are free programs.

Would sombody care to translate that into English for dummies? (or chickens)

VNC is a cross-platform remote desktop application. You can install a VNC server on the GV DVR, then pull it up with a VNC client on a Mac and view the DVR remotely. There are many different implementations of VNC: WinVNC, RealVNC... we use UltraVNC.

Problem with this idea is that the GV cards (at least all the ones I've seen) use direct overlay display, which won't translate through a remote desktop connection - the live camera windows will just show up purple.

You can disable direct draw overlay when you log in to a GV system with VNC to view all your cameras. Just remember to enable it before you end your VNC session.