themadwelshman

remote access setup

I have recently installed a kodicom kmc-8016d dvr card into my home pc. 16 camera version so i can keep an eye on things around my farm.

I bought the card second hand and managed to download Luxriot dvr software to run the card. i have pictures on the screen and everything works fine locally but i want to set up the card for remote access over my home network as the computer is at the other side of the farm and also internet access when i am away.

is the software i downloaded the right one firstly. It's only shareware but will pay to activate if ok.

Secondly how do I set up remote usage. I have SKY broadband if that is any help. looking at the settings for ports it states the main port is 8080. Also how do i find out my ip adddress for access.

Please help with as much info as possible as equipment already been stolen twice from my farm. If any further information is required please do not hesitate to contact me direct on aparry@instantemail.t-mobile.co.uk for instant response. Many thanks in advance. anthony

I have recently installed a kodicom kmc-8016d dvr card into my home pc. 16 camera version so i can keep an eye on things around my farm.

I bought the card second hand and managed to download Luxriot dvr software to run the card. i have pictures on the screen and everything works fine locally but i want to set up the card for remote access over my home network as the computer is at the other side of the farm and also internet access when i am away.

is the software i downloaded the right one firstly. It's only shareware but will pay to activate if ok.

Secondly how do I set up remote usage. I have SKY broadband if that is any help. looking at the settings for ports it states the main port is 8080. Also how do i find out my ip adddress for access.

Please help with as much info as possible as equipment already been stolen twice from my farm. If any further information is required please do not hesitate to contact me direct on aparry@instantemail.t-mobile.co.uk for instant response. Many thanks in advance. anthony

Hi welshman. with using sky i think you have a netgear router ??? if you portforward 8080 to the local ip of the dvr.

then to use away from your home you need the external ip. google myip. and you will see your external ip in red.

sky (bt) will charge you for a static ip £5 ayear.

Many thanks for your replies. Have taken on board and dealing with. Will let you know of outcome . Thanks .

Hi welshman. with using sky i think you have a netgear router ??? if you portforward 8080 to the local ip of the dvr.

then to use away from your home you need the external ip. google myip. and you will see your external ip in red.

sky (bt) will charge you for a static ip £5 ayear.