RonW

NUUO Main Console & Macro Recorder

I've been using the nuuo scb 5008 card for well over a year now and have been quite pleased with it. However, I have several analog cameras that I have been manually tweaking based upon the sunlight changes during the seasonal changes based upon their locations. Mostly changing the brightness by increasing or decreasing during the year.

My question is this. Has anyone used any macro recording software with the nuuo main console software? Anyone have any luck with any open/free macro recording software that could be used in this capacity?

I contacted nuuo support to see if they were thinking about putting a timed event feature where a person could make changes like this in their their main console software. I also asked if they weren't if they had any ideas of how to accomplish this. I received a nice reply saying that I should get a wdr camera.

Any successful macro recorder/playback software used in similar fashion for cctv?

Well, I did find a few "free" apps that record mouse/keyboard movements. However, they didn't work that well for what I wanted to do. However, I did try Jitbit Macro Recorder software, their 30 day trial of the product and it actually works pretty good.

I was able to create a morning macro and evening macro, then compile them as executable "programs" and have the run as scheduled task. The Jitbit's trial limits a person to 20 "commands" that can be compiled to an executable, but you can test your scripts to verify that everything runs and works as you would want them to. If it does and in my case it did, so I dropped the cash and proceeded to move on my merry way.

I only needed to tweak a couple of cameras and increase their brightness within the NUUO Main Console camera settings about 8 points higher than their daytime brightness values. However, I can see quite a few uses for the software besides just this one thing I needed it for.

Upshot, it does a good job and it saved me hundreds of dollars from buying a couple new cameras - which in my opinion was not a good "option" since my b/w ex-view cameras work fine for my security needs on my patio.

The only downside is the software costs a little over $40. Don't know if that is much of a downside, but I would have liked to have found a decent open source app that does the same thing. However, if you need to interact with your dvr software to make it do some things on a scheduled basis that it doesn't have built into it, and you don't feel like dropping money on new dvr software or cameras, then you might try looking into macro recording software.

It works for me, but like with anything - your mileage may vary.