Marts

AVTECH mpeg4 Scanning disk please wait error?

Hi All,

I've been given an AVTECH 4ch mpeg-4 DVR to look at which keeps rebooting when recording and freezes on scanning disk please wait?

I have cleared the Hard drive in the menu and reset to default programming then programmed back up, Set clock and started recording trying motion only and constant. Both have the same effect of the unit working for about 10mins, then scanning disk, then rebooting.

I have checked the PSU at 19v25 under load which seems fine.

The unit i 07/2007 There doesn't appear to be an issue when not recording leading me to think this maybe a Hard drive fault?? I would like to know if anyone else has had experience of this issue and what the solution is.

Also is there a certain hard drive type i need to get if it turns out to be faulty or are all hard drives compatible?

Thank you for any help you can offer

Marts

Thank you tomcctv for the recommendation! It is greatly appreciated!

This is only a guess, but I believe the hard drive is one that came from a PC, or was removed, and then installed in to a pc, and then reinstalled back in the DVR.

These DVRs need to have a hard drive that is straight out of the packaging.

Another situation is that the hard drive has some bad sectors, and needs to be replaced.

Do you have a computer friend that can let you borrow a new hard drive for testing?

What do you think?

Hi guys,

Thanks Tom, I'd had a look on scorpiontheater site which lead me to this forum. I have replaced the HDD for a 500GB drive with a IDE to SATA converter as couldn't get a ide drive locally and its working fine now Thanks for you assistance it is much appreciated both Tom and Scorpion.

Marts