Sign in to follow this  
johnnycw

CCTVStar SSA-0812H

Two years ago I purchased a 4 camera system from a local box store for my home. The daytime quality was acceptable but low light and night capability was aweful with the orginal IR dome cameras. Thanks to the information I've researched in this forum, I recently switched all my original cameras to CNB VBM-24VF domes. The improvement in picture quailty was astounding and low light and night capability without any IR is amazing though admittedly I have no other experience with CCTV.

Now I'd like to upgrade my DVR. My current model is an inexpensive Piczel with old compression technology and has nowhere near the capabilty to take advantage of the quality of the VBM-24VF cameras.

Of course my interest is consumer/residential level so the $1000+ standalone systems are out. I've been looking at a CCTVStar SSA-0812H DVR which seems to have a lot of features. Based on the manufacturer specs, it's a quantum jump over my existing Piczel DVR. I'm interested in any feedback from folks that may have experience with any of the CCTVStar DVR's and specifically maybe the model line I'm intersted in.