carefree

I BOUGHT A MDVR M8 VIEW BUT CANT GET SOFTWARE FOR IT

Hi there i bought a mdvr m8 view but i have relized that there is no software with machine or manuals .It can take up to 8 cameras and i have connected it up to my monitor and can get a picture through it that way, but im trying to connect it to my laptop through a usb lead but nothing is coming up on my laptop . We have tryed searching for manuals online but with no luck so i have joined this forum to see if someone else has one of these machines i would be so glad for any type of help .

[mod note: multiple threads merged. please remember to post only once per topic]

I can't seem to get it to work properly as i got it brand new on the internet but i have one problem that it never came with any software or manuals i have tryed asking the manufactours but they said they stopped making them over 5 years ago and the sold all that model on and they were not very helpful which is sad for a big company like that which they state they look after there customers. So i would like to know if there is any other soft ware i could use for this system or be able to get manuals or any other kind of software so i can get it up and running it has gps on it and gprs also has ps2 socket for keyboard .I have used a ps2 keyboard but can't get all functions on it working right .I would pay for these manuals and disks thats not a problem but i really need help here anyone thanks

Hi there i bought a mdvr m8 view but i have relized that there is no software with machine or manuals .It can take up to 8 cameras and i have connected it up to my monitor and can get a picture through it that way, but im trying to connect it to my laptop through a usb lead but nothing is coming up on my laptop . We have tryed searching for manuals online but with no luck so i have joined this forum to see if someone else has one of these machines i would be so glad for any type of help thank you

Hi there i bought a mdvr m8 view but i have relized that there is no software with machine or manuals .It can take up to 8 cameras and i have connected it up to my monitor and can get a picture through it that way, but im trying to connect it to my laptop through a usb lead but nothing is coming up on my laptop . We have tryed searching for manuals online but with no luck so i have joined this forum to see if someone else has one of these machines i would be so glad for any type of help thank you

Hi. this unit is too old and you wont get it to play though your usb on to a laptop. you take the footage off the unit by usb then you can view footage.

why are you connecting to the USB?

If its to view them on the PC then connect it to a network like a router and try the IP address you set in the DVR in a web browser.

I tried to look up your DVR but got many different hits on different brands and models. More information would help, such as specific brand or model names, part numbers, or even photos of the unit.