Sign in to follow this  
adepaolis

AVTECH AVC760 - Trouble downloading video to PC

Hello,

I have a AVTECH AVC760 DVR and it has captured some video I would like to save to my computer and archive to CDR.

I installed the Video E software from disc that came with the dvr unit and connected the AVC760 to my network switch. I am able to see the video from my computer using the software connecting to the AVC760's default address of 192.168.1.10. I can rewind and play the video I want to capture on my pc screen.

I believe I am then following the correct procedure, but I am receiving an error msg: DVR doesn't contain the record data.

The procedure I am following from the main screen,

Press System Config - Expand DVR - Press Search List

- Press Download HDD List

- Select an item to download and click download

- Select Network Backup

- Press Start

Then I get the error DVR doesn't contain the record data.

I can see the video does exist on the DVR as I can search for it and play it back, so I am not sure what record it is referring to.

The only thing I can think of is when I arrived to the DVR, its date was set wrong, year 2000. Almost like the date was reset. The datestamp is correct on the recorded video, but I noticed the DVR's system date was reset to the year 2000. Could this have messed up the records?

As a workaround, I thought of playing back the video on my PC and capturing the screen as a video with software, but the video looks quite a bit grainy, pretty much unusable. Anyone know whats going on or experiencing this problem before?