burke031

Need 8 channel dvr my house

I am looking to find an 8 channel dvr for my house. I am currently using a zmodo i bought off ebay, constantly freezing on me. I have been reading through this site and cant figure out which dvr I should get. I would like to keep it around 6 - 7 hundred if possible.

Not really looking for loads of features, just something that runs good and stable, with good recording quality. I am going to use the cheap cameras I got off ebay for now then upgrade as I get more money.

Any help on which model and where I could buy would be great.

Thanks in advance

Joe

I am looking to find an 8 channel dvr for my house. I am currently using a zmodo i bought off ebay, constantly freezing on me. I have been reading through this site and cant figure out which dvr I should get. I would like to keep it around 6 - 7 hundred if possible.

Not really looking for loads of features, just something that runs good and stable, with good recording quality. I am going to use the cheap cameras I got off ebay for now then upgrade as I get more money.

Thanks in advance

Joe

Hi joe. a good little unit is the seb avermedia. if you wish to view live over internet pm me your email.

http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Detail.aspx?id=258

Thanks in advance

Joe

Hi joe. a good little unit is the seb avermedia. if you wish to view live over internet pm me your email.

http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Detail.aspx?id=258

Sent you a PM.

I am also curious if all DVRS are loud. The one I have now sounds like a plane getting ready for take off.

Thanks

Joe

Thanks in advance

Joe

edit by mod-please read the rules regarding soliciting

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=3144

I wish I read your post before I bought my zmodo dvr in December. Mine is constantly freezing on me too, and the technical support guys can't figure out why. I'm requesting warranty service, but the company is ignoring me.

I wish I read your post before I bought my zmodo dvr in December. Mine is constantly freezing on me too, and the technical support guys can't figure out why. I'm requesting warranty service, but the company is ignoring me.

Would you mind starting a new thread, and telling everyone what you just told us? I believe sharing your story would be for a greater good... if you're having problems, he had problems, there's something not right about that. Chances are, others have problems.

The added benefit you would get to sharing is it adds public perception into the mix and so it may light a fire under Zmodo's arse.

Thanks!

I'll start a new thread, but I felt I should update here first.

After a month tech support finally determined the dvr was faulty and offered a replacement or store credit. So if your Zmodo dvr is freezing on you, you probably have a defective dvr.

More specifically, the dvr I have is an 8-channel, model H8108UV. In order to view any footage I had to go to Internet options in Internet Explorer and deselect "enable protected mode." Not a good idea if I want to surf safely by the way. My dvr is hooked up by cat5e cable to the router. When viewing, remotely and at home, the dvr would freeze, usually in less than five minutes. About once a week the dvr would last up to one hour before freezing. This was "a hard freeze," as the tech support people described, so had to shut off the power and push a menu button and arrows on the dvr to get things working. Sometimes all I had to do was shut the power off, then on. Still, not good for the dvr since it is a computer with a hard drive.

I spoke with tech support multiple times. Rather than going through the ineptitude I observed there, just remember that if your dvr is freezing, you probably have a bad dvr.

for people never use cctv system before.

it is best to try on the cheap set.

because you don't know much function on it, and maybe you no need that much functions.

facepalm-1.jpg

Okay, here's something: ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS?

You "advice" is basically this: "Hey, you've never used this stuff before, so why don't you just buy something really cheap?"

Would you suggest everyone get a golf cart for their first car? Maybe a first home purchase should be a run-down shack? Because, you know, maybe they won't need that second bathroom... or air conditioning... or seat belts...

You know what happens when they take your advice? They buy a cheap DVR that does a half-assed job of a very few things, with low resolutions, low framerates, and excessive compression... they then find that the quality is far below what they expect, and that it doesn't have any of the features everyone else is talking about.

So they come here and ask why the picture is so poor, and why they can't do this or that with it... and we get to tell them, sorry bud, you get what you pay for - you pay nothing, you get nothing, sorry you wasted your money. They list off their REAL needs... we give them REAL suggestions, BASED ON THEIR NEEDS, not just "buy the cheapest thing you can find!"

And then they have to go out and spend more money - the money they should have spent in the first place - to get the machine they actually NEED, while the cheap machine if relegated to boat-anchor status... well, it would be, except being all air and plastic, it barely has enough mass to be a paperweight, let alone a boat anchor. Either way, it's wasted money.

I recommend the products I work with when they're appropriate.

Your advice is NOT appropriate.

"Buy cheap stuff because you don't know what you're doing anyway" is NEVER good advice.

I recommend the products I work with when they're appropriate.

Your advice is NOT appropriate.

"Buy cheap stuff because you don't know what you're doing anyway" is NEVER good advice.

I mean cheap.

did I mean low quality?

and you said: cheap means low quality.

that's why I want to know more about your expensive and high quality products.

no such thing as CHEAP and GOOD. looking at your website you trade what is known as the sentinal dvr. / swann / maplins. do a search on this forum for any of them and you will see nothing but problems. so CHEAP brings problems.

Both you and cctvikegata are spammers (cctvikegata and Alex82311240) and another i am trying to find are from the same company all you do is post just to get your signature up. you dont say anything to help at all.

people always check websites and yours has come up with a bad history. 5 company names (one of which is band from the forum) same ceo same contact numbers. is sending money to your company safe i would say NO will your products have a good BACK-up in place 5 company name changes i would say NO. should people who visit this forum buy from you i would say NO.

a spammers life is hard.

By the way, Alex, did you happen to read the forum rules when you signed up? "Signatures are not for advertising. Please keep them a reasonable length and free of advertisements and images."

Putting PRICES and a "sales" email address in your signature constitutes advertising.

You can edit your signature, or be banned. Your call.

how many big company will come here and ask for a suggestions for installations? i would tell you never.

Actually, we've had several - for every two or three DIYers, there's an electrician or computer tech or someone else at a larger company who "knows about this stuff" and as such has been asked to implement a CCTV system.

am I looking business from this forum, yes, the more the better,

In that case, you are in the wrong place. The purpose of this forum is not to solicit business, it's to exchange knowledge and information.

If your purpose here is to push your own products, then you need to just move along.

And as I already warned you, if you don't remove the advertisement from your signature, you WILL be banned. Last chance.