Bert.Twildge

Still Image Capture On Avtech KP-679

Hi

I have analogue CCTV cameras connected to an Avtech KP-679 DVR. The system is working fine. I would like to be able to take a still image from one of the cameras when an external event occurs. I believe in earlier versions of the Avtech software that you could configure a still picture to be emailed out when an event occurs. On my PVR's software version, 1017-1005-1004-1005, I can only generate a link that can be emailed out when an event occurs. This email contains a link which then allows streaming of video to a remote device. Unfortunately I do not have the option of streaming video in my environment, I would like a still image attached to the email instead. I've emailed AVtech to see if the earlier functionality can be restored but they have yet to respond.

Do you know a way that I can achieve what I want? I have a Dazzle DVD Creator Platinum and a PC-TV video input card as well. I have a PC running permanently too but I can't see a way of triggering a still image capture when an event occurs. Could I achieve what I require with either of the above cards? If I can obtain a still image I can then write a script to create an email, the problem I have is obtaining the captured image initially.

Thanks