skystudios

Need help with hikvission DS-7204HI DVR and France's Bbox

Hello world, i just purchased a Hikvision DS-7204HI, i have a Bbox cable router

anyone know how to set up the dvr with this router, its very complicated, i sort of found some info here http://www.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich-5137745-configuration-du-routeur-b-box, this is what the router GUI looks like, but they changed the GUI a bit recently and also my free no ip host addressed needs updating but my question is will this work over the net with a iPhone, a friend showed me his and it worked but he has no clue with Bbox routers

Please advise

Cheers

Dave

Hello Dave,

This really has nothing to do with your DVR, but with your router. On the link you posted I see no screenshots and I do now know any french, so I cant help you there; what I can tell you is that by default, you need to open (forward) two ports from your router, to your DVR IP.

Hikvision by default uses port 80 for web access, and port 8000 for data (I always recommend changing 80 to 90, or another non standard web port, but that's another story). So you need to forward ports 80 TCP and 8000 UDP to your DVR IP.

You can see the 7204 from iPhone with no problems; you can download the client IVMS-4500 for free for the Apple store.

Ok it was a GUI problem with their router's firewall cause every time i open the port and directed it to the IP of the dvr it defaulted to another IP instead like a computer on the wifi network, i restarted and managed to do it so it all works now on port 80

why would you recommend port 90, is it more secure?

And i guess i would have to change the port from 80 to 90 as well as to 9000 in the dvr if i want to use 90 or can i leave it at 8000?

Thanks allot

You can leave data port at 8000, you could really put any ports you want if you have those in use.

Port 80 is the default http (web) port, the same port you use for accessing your router web interface; some old routers might give problems if from the LAN port 80 takes you to the web interface, but from the WAN take you somewhere else. Also by leaving it on port 80 you are open to anyone port scanning for web servers (should not be a problem if you change the default user/pass on your DVR). All in all it is just another security measure, there is no need to have your DVR on port 80.