Sign in to follow this  
skystudios

Need help setting up dynDNS with dvr, general question

I need help setting up Dyn DNS

I use No-ip its a free service

My host IP name ends with a .net instead of a .com as no-ip.com

the screenshot is showing my options in french, what exactly would one fill in here, becuase every time i add my logic which is my hotmail address it rejects it, and that is what i use to log into the no-ip website as well as update my host dns address.

any ideas?

38003618_Screenshot2010-12-22at11_16_15.thumb.png.35256c1c08e71dda8d706fa4bc820f56.png

Domaine name is the host name or my login? thats what confuses me

i have to log into NO IP.com or the host to update it with my email for example, so whenever i type it it resets itself excluding the @hotmail.com part leaving only the actually email name, maybe its a gui problem here

i have to log into NO IP.com or the host to update it with my email for example, so whenever i type it it resets itself excluding the @hotmail.com part leaving only the actually email name, maybe its a gui problem here

it does not ask you for your email the domain name should be your NO ip.com account followed by your user name and password.

it does not ask you for your email the domain name should be your NO ip.com account followed by your user name and password.

I thought my user name to update all my domain host names is is my email and a password of course, do let me know if i misunderstood that please., if i type in just part of the email to update the IP via the no-ip application it says the login is incorrect., but as soon as i add the HOTMAIL part it works.

this link also provides some screenshots, i could be wrong since it says DDNS http://www.icrealtime.com/support/howto.asp?noteid=K96071

I am under the impression that the GUI or cable network router GUI has a bug and refuses to let me add the whole email or anything new now, it resets my login (the email) to a short name with out the @hotmail part as if its too long.

I thought my user name to update all my domain host names is is my email and a password of course, do let me know if i misunderstood that please., if i type in just part of the email to update the IP via the no-ip application it says the login is incorrect., but as soon as i add the HOTMAIL part it works.

this link also provides some screenshots, i could be wrong since it says DDNS http://www.icrealtime.com/support/howto.asp?noteid=K96071

I am under the impression that the GUI or cable network router GUI has a bug and refuses to let me add the whole email or anything new now, it resets my login (the email) to a short name with out the @hotmail part as if its too long.

first of all you create a service for your dvr firwall(ports) and give it a name i.e cctv. and on your first image .. your router you enter service = cctv... domain name = your noip name...... user name = the one you created for your no ip ........ passwork = your password.

you dont use your email for any of this set-up dont use it. it is only used to open a no ip account.

I do appreciate you taking the time to answer this, my user name for my no-ip.com account is my email as far as i remember there is no other name, its your email.

The GUI not only resets my email to half of it leaving out the @hotmail part in the Nom d'utilisateur section, but even the Service section resets itself back to the first typo which is noip DDNS, something i realized now is a paid feature.

Service: (((no-ip DDNS)))

Nom de domaine: (((hostname.no-ip.info)))

Nom d'utilisateur: (((my email is how i log in)))

Mot de passe: ((thepassword))

If emails are not used as logins with routers maybe i should change this or pay for a ddns service., do you know any free dns services that work with a regular login name rather then a email?

when i try to log in with half the email on their website i get this: Username / Password combination is incorrect. Please try again.

I do appreciate you taking the time to answer this, my user name for my no-ip.com account is my email as far as i remember there is no other name, its your email.

The GUI not only resets my email to half of it leaving out the @hotmail part in the Nom d'utilisateur section, but even the Service section resets itself back to the first typo which is noip DDNS, something i realized now is a paid feature.

Service: (((no-ip DDNS)))

Nom de domaine: (((hostname.no-ip.info)))

Nom d'utilisateur: (((my email is how i log in)))

Mot de passe: ((thepassword))

If emails are not used as logins with routers maybe i should change this or pay for a ddns service., do you know any free dns services that work with a regular login name rather then a email?

when i try to log in with half the email on their website i get this: Username / Password combination is incorrect. Please try again.

this is a popular one and free. have you set up your ports for your dvr on your router first ???

http://www.dyndns.com/services/dns/dyndns/

have you set up your ports for your dvr on your router first ???

what the router gui allowed me to do is forward port 80 to the dvr IP, its on the ethernet, the ip which i also set up in the dvr

scratch everything, i got a dyn DNS host name instead and used a reg name instead of email now it all works, eh never no-ip again, atleast witht his router

thanks

have you set up your ports for your dvr on your router first ???

what the router gui allowed me to do is forward port 80 to the dvr IP, its on the ethernet, the ip which i also set up in the dvr

scratch everything, i got a dyn DNS host name instead and used a reg name instead of email now it all works, eh never no-ip again, atleast witht his router

thanks

for that IC dvr you need to port forward more than just port 80. it also needs 32789 and 37778