Sign in to follow this  
westtx28

Avermedia DVR Card + Vivotek IP Camera

Can I use an Avermedia DVR card and software to connect and record my 4 analog cameras and on the same computer run the Vivotek IP server software to record from an IP camera?

Thanks?

Can I use an Avermedia DVR card and software to connect and record my 4 analog cameras and on the same computer run the Vivotek IP server software to record from an IP camera?

Thanks?

yes you can but you would need an 8 way system ...... or a 4 way only using 3 standard cameras and 1 ip. if you are looking at 5 cameras i would look at the nv5000 card with an extenion.

yes you can but you would need an 8 way system ...... or a 4 way only using 3 standard cameras and 1 ip. if you are looking at 5 cameras i would look at the nv5000 card with an extenion.

Thanks for the reply. I don't understand why I would need to leave an analog slot open on the Avermedia card if I am using the Vivotek server software to record the IP camera. Can you please shed some light on this?

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I don't understand why I would need to leave an analog slot open on the Avermedia card if I am using the Vivotek server software to record the IP camera. Can you please shed some light on this?

Thanks.

the avers will run your ip camera its a hybrid card so 3 standard cameras and 1 ip you could use the nv3000 you dont need the vivotex software. list of ip cameras ... not on list can be added in 24hrs

http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Upload/FAQ/NV_NX_NXU_SA_XR_IWH%20IP%20Camera%20Support%20List_V5.0.0.77_1224.pdf