pattcom

Multiple brand dvrs on one net viewer?

I have a customer with a variety of low-end dvr's in multiple stores, they are networked, and each can be viewed remotely. Those that are the same brand can be set up so the remote software can switch between them, or even view multiple locations at once, I believe. But the different brands cannot see each other.

Is there any software, or way to get the remote software to be able to log in to multiple brands?

(brands include Costar and Digimerge, and probably some others).

Thanks

Charles

Looks like you'll just have to change all the DVRs out! CHA CHING! lol jk

There is a "universal" CMS software out there... but it's limited on the makes/ models it supports... I forget the name of it but I have seen it floating around the forum somewhere. Not even sure what you'd need to search to find it...

if you have the activeX controls or send me the links to a browser app i can see what I can do with them .. but that I know of there is nothing much out there like that, yet. Some are actually impossible to work with so it is not going to work for all DVRs anyway. The DVRs really have to be kind of well known though to make it worth it.

I sort of figured it would be tough.

They actually are considering replacing them...

But you know, the low end units share so much similarity, I almost expect some may come from the same OEM designer in China. I'm sure it would be easy for a programmers to make each brand have something unique to block others from connecting.

Thanks

Charles