platinum

Record option - Recomendations >>

I have a CNB - HDE2424DV with a 1TB drive. I currently have 4 cameras setup.

What should I be recording at? I was thinking the highest frame rate and resolution with a +1 min duration after. Should I be doing something else such as continuous at a lower frame rates?

Just looking for suggestions

Thanks,

I have always recorded at maximum resolution (D1), at a frame rate between 5-10 FPS. Below 5 is too low (things can be missed), above 10 is really overkill (and wastes space).

I also always record 24/7. Motion detection is great, but I'm always scared it will miss something!

Remember, having a good quality capture is paramount. Having 2 weeks of D1 video is way better than 4 weeks of CIF!!

a 1 TB hard drive for only 4 cameras is alot of space. My first priority would be the highest resolution at the highest quality, and then based on those settings, I would go the highest frame rate.

thanks for the replies...

If I go for the 24x7 option, how many days is good to shoot for. I am thinking at least a week...right?

I generally record motion detection, then use Continuous if there is not enough light - for example I would do motion in the day and continuous at night, on scheduled recording. For inside a store (with visible light or IR) I would just do motion detection round the clock. As mentioned 1TB is alot for 4 cameras, I would do 2 schedules, continuous AND motion detection, both round the clock. Depends on the client, I also have one that does continuous in the day and motion only at night, has light all the time but for them day time is the most important.