no12be

DVMRe-16CT-320 or Lorex 8 camera system

hi room,

I want to setup a camera system at my house and i would like to know which of these 2 should i get?

1. DVMRe-16CT-320 ($100 ) + i will get 4 more cnb cameras ($600)

2. Lorex ECO DVR 8 Color Camera Surveillance System ($500/Costco)

1st system maybe have better picture but hard to setup and it's old technology.

I like 2nd system because i can view anywhere (phone , web...easy setup) but camera aren't good.

Please advise.

Thankls

Vu

If you want to buy retail and get some newer technology without spending an arm and a leg, check out the Cantek brand (Korean made available in the US, search google), or the CNB DVRs, and also Dahua (China made, eg. GenII Intellicam). All decent DVRs loaded with features at low cost - great VALUE for money.

If you want to buy retail and get some newer technology without spending an arm and a leg, check out the Cantek brand (Korean made available in the US, search google), or the CNB DVRs, and also Dahua (China made, eg. GenII Intellicam). All decent DVRs loaded with features at low cost - great VALUE for money.

Thank you for your help.

Can you lead me where can i buy CNB DVRs and camera?

Which CNB camera is good and you recommend? I need 3 outdoor without audio and 2 outdoor with audio, i also need 3 indoor with audio.

Thanks

Again

Vu

Most real analog cameras (not cheap Lorex stuff) do not have audio outputs. You will have to place your own microphones (with amp if needed). Be aware that in many places it is illegal to record audio without obvious notification of some sort.

For indoors, the DBM-24VF (http://cnbusa.com/en/html/product/product.php?seqx_prod=1066) would fit nicely. Online stores have it at around $120.

Outdoors, you could go with the VCM-24VF (http://cnbusa.com/en/html/product/product.php?seqx_prod=1073). This is the same as the DBM-24VF, except it has a waterproof vandal-resistant housing. Important for outdoor applications. Around $150 online.

I HAVE 2 dvrme 4 camera cs if you want to buy one and some black cube pelco cams and lens 5-40 and 4-8. I never did sound on a dvrme.

is this camea any good. i have local guy try to sell me for 100 each

VRDD-5351IR

CMRW017

Thanks

Vu

Dont know about those cameras but if your going to go the Costco route get the Q-See 528 eight camera. Comes with four cameras that are probably just ok but you can then get four better quality ones yourself.

The best deal is that it does D1@30FPS on all eight channels!! Pretty decent kit for $599 IMHO. Heres a link to the cheesy demo video http://syndicate.sellpoint.net/Syndicate/AptViewer?play=M04Z3G-330981&1=1&vsr_sku=null and this one is to the product page [edit by mod-store link removed]

I've long moved onto a IP camera setup but if I have relatives or friends that dont want to spend that kind of money I would recommend this to them. Seems like most of the complaints are on their tech support and customer service but I think you can figure it out. Good Luck!!

What is the compression quality like? Resolution and frame rate are only part of the equation....

Is the user interface user-intuitive?

Is the client software stable or buggy?

Is the evidence sharing a PITA? Does it require a proprietary video or player?

Will clips play with Windows Media player? With or without a plug-in?

What operating systems does the client software support?

What browsers does the browser client support?

Those are some good points. Unfortunately I have not personally used the system

I was just going by stated specs alone and your right, those other things for the novice end user are a must. I'm so use to working with so many different kinds of units that I get use to just figuring it out on my own. Maybe someone else has better first hand experience with it?

Those are important questions that a spec sheet will never address.

I just got through talking with a client... spec sheets and cost alone are not all you need to look for. WITHOUT real world experience with the product(s), it's nearly impossible to make well informed decisions. Even here on CCTVforum.com there's no shortage of skewed opinions/ advice...

"There's no experience better than your own."

If you don't have the time/ money to make mistakes... in my opinion you're pissing against the wind trying to do it on your own...