lowpro

Rank the following DVR Brands.....

Hi Guys.

I need some guidance. With so many dvr's out there, I'm confused as to what company to look at. I keep on reading about CNB, Avtech, Nuvico, Samsung, etc etc.

Could you guys rank the above brands? I'm looking for a 8 channel stand alone dvr (for home) that will do h.264 and will support remote viewing via pc/iphone and hopefully a mac. Would $700 be enough to budget? I'm really wanting to get away from the current Q-See system that I'm using. I've already upgraded two cameras (out of 4) and it looks 10x better.

Other brands that I should be looking at?

Thanks for the help!

I sold my 3 year old 8 channel Aposonic to a friend last week and I have a new 16 channel Aposonic A-S1604R4 being delivered today.

I really like these due to the fact I can view the cameras with Internet Explore, Firefox or smart phones.

Since I use Firefox I dont need the software that comes with it.

Here is the manufactures info. http://www.aposoniccctv.com/index.php/standalone/16chdvr/85

I sold my 3 year old 8 channel Aposonic to a friend last week and I have a new 16 channel Aposonic A-S1604R4 being delivered today.

I really like these due to the fact I can view the cameras with Internet Explore, Firefox or smart phones.

Since I use Firefox I dont need the software that comes with it.

Here is the manufactures info. http://www.aposoniccctv.com/index.php/standalone/16chdvr/85

The down side to your new DVR 34Ford is that the best recording resolution is 2CIF and it's also set to 4 recording levels(best, high, medium, low).

When purchasing DVR's I look for D1 resolution and a bitrate that I can enter my own value i.e D1@1024Mbps.

Also, many DVR's have an embedded net viewer these days but more often than not they require Internet Explorer 7 or above, I haven't seen one that works with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome etc. Maybe I'm wrong. I haven't heard of Aposonic but I hope it's what you wanted.

As for the choice of DVR's lowpro I can't really advise as I'm way way across the pond and we have different suppliers/manufacturers. You can't however, go wrong with Samsung but then again are you realy going to get one for $700??

Installed last night and it is so much quieter and the remote was improved. No more flat membrane remote.

I like being able to click on Firefox, and see whats going on at home from anywhere with a pc and a connection for under $600.

Works great.

Thanks for the replies. Yeahk, I forgot to mention that I'd like for it to be able to record @ D1. And you're right, the new Samsung dvr's seem to be pretty expensive.

I haven't heard of Aposonic, I'll take a looksy to add to the confusion.

Hey Dennis, so when you say that you can view it via Firefox, does that mean that you no longer have to play with the ActiveX settings beforehand?

Like me, I can access my q-see dvr via firefox also (i'm using a pluggin), but I still needed to mess around with my ActiveX settings in IE first.

It comes with a exe file you run that installs the dll's and activex for Firefox, Chrome, And Safari in a separate folder in windows/system32/WATCH_16R/

Which is separate for the activex for internet explorer.

Either one of these would be installed if you visit the dvr online automatically if you didn't have them already installed.

I found out last night that I can view my cameras with my Nook Color.

Rooted to android 2.1

I am new person in this field to know the CCTV DVR, Power supply for surveillance, I have planned to buy a new apsonic A-S3216TI DVR to my office, Already we have other brand DVR but continuous problems arising so we planned to change it. If I buy new Apsonic DVR do I need to buy a power supply for that or can I use a old power supply what we have in the office.please clarify my doubts.also let me know which brand DVR is best for xtreme vision camera's.

Thank you in Advance