farmcam

DNS/DDNS on G4 RTAHD

Trying to get ddns to work. I have set up an account with noip.com and set the correct setting in the dvr network, but dvr will not update unless it is rebooted. When rebooted I try to log on with a computer or Android phone, outside my network, with noip hostname or either the current ip and the connection does not fail, but says the dvr did not respond to request. Ports 80, 37777, and 37778 are port forwarded and checked to be open except for 37778 which is not tcp. If I log on within my network as admin from pc and go to config tab, I see an option named Auto Register. What is this? Mine is enabled but not filled in with any info, all fields blank. There is absolutely no documentation on this.

Another odd thing, which now doesn't really matter, is I set up an account with G4IP and when I go to add a dvr to my account it will not accept the mac address. This mac is right on the config screen of the dvr, so it should be correct. Error message from G4IP is "mac address not allowed on this sever". What's that all about?

Ignore all that.

Disable anything you already did and do the following.

Have an email address handy that you can access to activate a service

Goto DynDns.com and sign up for a free account using that email address

Use the link in the email to activate that new account

Login to DynDns.com and add a new host, choose your name, select DVR, checkout, it is free

Remember/write down all that information

Go into the admin of your router and goto DDNS

Select DynDns.org/.com and enter your DynDns user, password and the host name

Save etc .. make sure you have port forwarded to the DVR, eg. TCP 37777 and 80, 37778 both/udp

Should be good to go

Test the connection and port using your new DDNS name:

http://www.websitepulse.com/help/gadgets.server-test.html

Cleared out the dvr settings for ddns, set up account for dyndns.com, and enter all the settings in Belkin N router (which has dyndns built in service). Now I have a loopback error on router and when I logged back on to dyndns I see my router wan ip instead. Will work on this tomorrow.

Yes in the DynDns account under the host name it should show the ISP's IP in a box there, It will be the latest updated one, you can click the link for it to update - make sure the router is updating the IP also.

Make sure the DDNS is totally cleared in the DVR also.

Partial success. I can remotely view all cams on dvr with laptop or Andriod running g4ss, but only by entering in the current external ip. The Beldin N router will not update the dyndns.org. I can ping the host name, so it seems to be working. Router says "registration failed". I looked on the Belkin web site and I see that other users of my model are experiencing the same problem and there is no firmware update. So, it seems I may need a different brand of router. Thanks for your help.

No problem, I normally use Linksys routers. But I also used a Netgear the other day and that worked fine with DynDns also.