masterblogger

advice on 6 channel dvr

Looking to find a 6 channel dvr for my house & this DIY project is getting out of hand. The slang for cctv is crazy! D1, 4CIF, 2CIF,CIF and don’t get me started on IPS & FPS.

So, guess I’m looking for dvr that can do 7 ips/fps @ D1 or 4CIF on all 6 channels. Is this doable for a $200.00 to $400.00 budget?

Can anyone point me into the right direction?

Any help/suggestions will be appreciated!

Let me know if I get this wrong:

Record 6 cameras (8 channel DVR probably) at 4CIF/D1 @ 7FPS. This means that you'll need a DVR that can record at least 168FPS.

DVRs usually come in 120FPS or 240FPS. If you don't want to compromise those settings you'll have to get a 240FPS DVR. You can probably find something around the internet for 200 - 400.

(I don't personally recommend that, my experience with DVRs that cheap is that they are not very intuitive, and come with little to no support services)

I only need to run 5 cameras, what's why i was looking for a 6 channel dvr. Is this the oddball in the family?

The quality of the recording is very important to me. I made up a generic ips/fs using this website. http://www.panasonic.com/business/security/demos/PSS-recording-rates.html

Does anybody have an input on the Q-See QT518 or the Gen IV G4-ZE-HD.

My budget just went up a few dollars.

Common DVR configuration are 4, 8, 9, and 16 channels... I'd give about one chance in 50,000 that you'd find something off-the-shelf that fell anywhere in between those numbers.