Sign in to follow this  
joecctv

Stripey Moving Objects Geovision

Hi All,

I have been playing around with an old GV750 6port card that I bought last year off of ebay, got everything installed and running fine with the two cheapo B&Q (soon to be upgraded) "test" cameras I had already up at the front of my property but I am having an issue with moving objects. Anyone or anything that moves sort of stripes across the display and is very unclear. I remember this fault from a few years back when I did a GV install with a friend and I'm sure that in the end I googled it and found I had to change something in the registry but cannot for the life of me remember what it was. Any ideas? I also have 2 x VCL orbiters not yet installed but when I test with them I get the same fault so have ruled out the test cameras.

I think I am running V6.0 software, I'm not sure what firmware is on the card? Where does GV tell me the exact version?

Also what is the latest version that will run with my card? I remember back when I installed a couple of these cards a few years back that I had to take them to the local CCTV supplier to get the firmware changed so they could run the latest version software.

Sorry for a whole heap of questions, just seems GV has moved on a lot since I last played with it, and the old memory isn't quite what it...........used to be.

Thanks

Joe

For anyone that may be interested I fixed this by setting the card to 640x480SW in video source and it is perfect. Also the fault was what I believe the pro's would refer to as motion blur. Anyways all fixed