craigceg

AVTECH Remote Viewing Problem

A friend has a Avtech DVR and 4 cameras and we can access them remotely through Internet Explorer. When we login we can see the live feed from the 4 cameras without any problems. The problem comes when we want to playback the recorded feeds. On some computers the playback does not work. We get a brief flash of white and the playback screen stays black. It only happens on some computers. The ActiveX control has been allowed and shows as being enabled. We have tried to remotely access from over 6 computers and 2 of them running XP SP3 and IE8 and one running Vista and IE9 exhibit the problem. Most XP machines and my Win7 machine have no problem. If we download a particular recoding then it shows in the viewer and plays, but if we select another time period it will not playback unless dowloaded. It is does not appear to be a firewall issue as none of the test computers have a software firewall. Does anybody have any suggestions on what might be blocking the playback on some computers.

I notice that when using windows 7, some antivirus will block the streaming of the playback, when you deactivate the antivirus everything become ok.

Sometimes is not working because the dvr needs to be upgraded (in this case it would't work in some web browser).

Sometimes need to enter "system32" folder in windows and delete files that start with AVC_AX (only AX not all the AVC), to help the system reinstall the new ones.

There are also other ways to solve the problems, need to check case by case.

Hope this infos can help you

Leo

Hi. I'm new to this forum. I have the same problem as craigceg with my AVC791a.

I can view live video and configure the DVR on IE8 on windows7 pro 64bit, but cannot playback any recorded events. It worked ok on my old XP PC

when I click on the "Backup" tab I see a list of events and a black video window. If I choose an event and click play, I get no response or a message "Channel1: Playback failed"

I believe I have the latest firmware installed (1043-1015-1019-1017) and the latest video viewer (0.1.7. installed which works OK

There are some AVC DLL files in the sysWOW64 folder.

AVC_AP_H264, AVC_AP_JPEG, AVC_AP_MPEG4, AVC_AP_SCALE.

AVC_AX_742_H264, AVC_AX_742_JPEG, AVC_AX_742_LIVE, AVC_AX_742_PB, AVC_AX_742_RSTP, AVC_AX_742_SCALE, AVC_AX_742_VIEWER.

AVC_H264, AVC_JPEG, AVC_LIVE, AVC_NATT, AVC_PB, AVC_RTSP

Can anyone explain why the playback doesn't work from internet explorer? Which DLLs should I delete?

The only AVC ActiveX control showing in Internet explorer is the one below. Should there be others?

Name AMCCtrl Class

Publisher (Not verified) AVTECH

Status Enabled

File date Friday, 12 November 2010, 4:52 p.m.

Version 1.1.1.2

Also, I have a second problem. I have never been able to playback the video from an email notification on any PC. The email gets sent OK and has an HTML attachment of 7kB. opening the attachment brings up a black video window with playback controls. After entering the username and password and clicking play nothing happens.

7kB doesn't seem large enough to include any video file. I have tried changing the recording length up to 40 seconds but the html file is always 7kB. Any ideas how can I get this working?

I hope someone can shed some light on these problems.

Regards Allen.

Hi Allen,

Many things can cause this problem:

Did you try to playback using Mozilla firefox in your win 7 computer? Also can try to deactivate the antivirus and firewall to see if playback is working even with internet explorer.

When you connect with the old PC with XP, do you use the same internet connection than the PC with win7? (just in case your line block the streaming of playback).

Is the HDD recognized by the dvr and working well?

Email notifications of dvr, don't send any video, just a link to connect to DVR, make sure the HDD is working well, deactivate antivirus and firewall, check PC and DVR internet connection is active.

In case it's still not working, try to delete the files in blue (they will be reinstalled when you connect to dvr next time)

AVC_AP_H264, AVC_AP_JPEG, AVC_AP_MPEG4, AVC_AP_SCALE.

AVC_AX_742_H264, AVC_AX_742_JPEG, AVC_AX_742_LIVE, AVC_AX_742_PB, AVC_AX_742_RSTP, AVC_AX_742_SCALE, AVC_AX_742_VIEWER.

AVC_H264, AVC_JPEG, AVC_LIVE, AVC_NATT, AVC_PB, AVC_RTSP

Tell me about the result.

Leo

Hi Allen,

Did you try to playback using Mozilla firefox in your win 7 computer? Also can try to deactivate the antivirus and firewall to see if playback is working even with internet explorer.

I have tried Google Chrome, but not Firefox. Chrome will show live video using "Quicktime" but has no option for playback of events.

When you connect with the old PC with XP, do you use the same internet connection than the PC with win7? (just in case your line block the streaming of playback)

Is the HDD recognized by the dvr and working well? .

Yes. The old PC was using the same internet connection. yes the HDD is working well. I can playback triggered events directly on the DVR using the remote control.

Email notifications of dvr, don't send any video, just a link to connect to DVR, make sure the HDD is working well, deactivate antivirus and firewall, check PC and DVR internet connection is active.

The various shield logs in Avast don't show that it is blocking anything but I tried temporarily disabling the Web shield in the Avast virus checker and playback of event recordings now works from internet explorer and the email notification.

Do you know how I stop Avast from blocking the video playback? I have tried adding an exclusion for http://192.168.1.8/* but this didn't fix it

I hope you can help with setting up an exclusion in the virus checker

Also, It would have made more sense to me to have the motion triggered video attached to the email. Is there any way of doing this?

I am having a problem setting up my satellite internet. I am using Hughes net. They are always telling me that the equipment I am using will not work. I am trying to us their Gen 4 system which is dynamic. I need to know a brand name and model number of a DVR and router that will work. I am located in South Texas in the middle of no where. I am using Hughes satellite because this is the only system available. My final goal is remote viewing. This would be the same as a surveillance system.

I know I am replying to an old post but I hope this helps.

The problem with Play back is that IE does not recognise the connection as secure. The easiest way around this it to setup the IP of you DVR as a "trusted Site" and remove security checks for trusted sites. Also ensure you deeslect the "must sign in with HTTPS".

It took me a while to figure this out but it is all to do with ActiveX (Thanks Microsoft)

I would be interested if someone has found another way of doing this or which settings in particular need to be disabled (there are too many to mess around with).

Keywords: AVTECH, IE, Video Playback, ACTIVEX, Remote View, Remote Viewing