Sign in to follow this  
Cougar

DVR Suggestions

HI Folks: I am a newbie, and I am looking for a quality made, highly reliable DVR with about 8 channels and about 1TB of recording space. I believe the DVR is the cornerstone of the system and want to do it right the first time. I am also interested in knowing what to look for in a good DVR as well. I have spent hours trying to get review comments on these items, and others, but I only seem to get references to sales on the web. I picked two units, but I am open to other suggestions.

1. Samsung SRD-870DC, cost $1,300

2. Nuvico AP-C1610 Apex series, cost $1,950

I picked a couple of cameras out and would like to get any comments folks may have. My main requirements are that the cameras be out door type, capable of zero light operation to at least 50 ft. My initial plan is to put one camera looking at the front door, one looking out at the street, and one possibly looking down the drive way at the center of the street (15 ft, 40ft, 50 ft respectively). I would like the camera to auto adjust the exposure based on lighting conditions. I will bite off the rest of the house later.

3. Honeywell HB73, Cost ~$300

4. Nuvico CB-HDE21N-L, cost $474

5. Nuvico CB-HD65N-L, cost $260

I know I am asking a tall order from the folks that may respond, and my appreciation is offered in advance.

Hi Cougar.

what i would say is before you buy read on posts on the forum. it will save you money. the Nuvico AP-C1610 Apex series i would not touch. been out for a few years started life as a $4000 dvr now you see it for $3000 or $1900. that alone tells you its going to be discontinued very soon. also it is a very low spec dvr 6fps @ D1 is poor with other systems out there. that dvr and your camera posts just dont match $300 cameras on a 6fps dvr.

Dahua have dvrs with much better specs and they have now releast good cameras. but with your budget on cameras i would also take a look at hybrid units as you are in the ip range in price. have a mix and match of ip and standard.

this is another reason why the forum will save you money

the honeywell camera at $300

100593185260x26000_HoneywellHoneywellHB7-1.jpg

yes its a CNB now price it under the CNB badge you might get 2 for the same price.

oimg_GC01773426_CA01943831-1.jpg

Thanks for the response tomcctv. I looked up the Dahua brand, and the suppliers I found were out of the country, requiring $200 to $300 shipping costs. Do you know of a distributor in the US that has these units. I did take a look at the CNB cameras, there are so many of these, so I will look closer at it. Do you or any one you know have experience with the Dahua brand? Also any specific comments on the Samsung brand, they advertise D1, 240fps. I am speculating that this means that you will get 240 shots from each camera recorded.