paladin005

H.264 CCTV Unit problems

Hi

This is my first time using the forums so I'm hoping that I am posting in the correct place.

I have a generic H.264 CCTV unit which records in .DRV format to it's own drive (which is linux based). I need to review the data stored on the drive but unfortunately the owner has 'accidentally' formatted the disc. I've since removed the disc and run it through ftk imager to find any of the deleted information which I have exported with no problems. The problem I am now having is that for some reason I cannot get the footage to play once it has been exported through FTK. The folder where the video files are stored appear to contain 2 types of files based on the sizes of the files it contains. Firstly there is a list of files which are all 102400KB in size which I'm guessing are my vide files (as nothing in the folder has a file extension) and the second lot of files are around 92000KB.

What I need to know is whether or not anyone here knows if cctv systems normally create some sort of index file to go with the drv file and if so what extension does it normally have. And secondly if anyone here has had to retreive deleted cctv footage from a ext2 drive and how they went about it as this is new territory for me.

Thanks