Sign in to follow this  
liveinxs

Web Viewing Issue

hello

i have a question, maybe someone else has experienced this problem or have some thoughts on what might be causing it and how to remedy the problem...

ok , here we go, presently i am using a DVR that i got as part of one of those ebay specials, its an 8 channel DVR, 6 of the original crap cameras are gone, replaced by CNBs...

i have no idea what make or model the DVR is...

now when i access the DVR online through computer, and have the display in the 9 panel screen, with 8 cameras showing, now each of the cameras displays has the date and time being displayed...

i notice that after several minutes, the display in some of the cameras freezes, and doesn't progress along with the other cameras, this starts out with one camera, then happens to the others...and it happens to different cameras, never the same ones....always changing...

now this happens with all the cameras, the 6 CNB and 2 crap ebay specials...

only way for me to correct this problem, is to close out the program and reopen it, which again it functions fine, for awhile, but eventually the cameras images begin to freeze up again...

just a side note, when i view these cameras on my iphone, the images NEVER freeze..

again, this only happens when i view cameras on computer, using either LAN or Internet, but never happens on iphone or when i view cameras on TV/Monitor...

has anyone ever seen this happen and what can it be...

When it freezes, does it freeze permanently or just for a little bit. It is quite common for them to freeze every now and then and then come back to normal. You wont notice this as much with higher bandwidths. And remember bandwidth is important at both your DVR and your viewing location. Your DVR is sending multiple video streams simultaneously and with slower bandwidths, you will have the momentary freezes. You probably dont see it on your Iphone because I assume your Iphone app only allows you to view one camera at a time.

Your video will be alot more fluid if you use the "secondary stream" or "substream" or "internet stream" (is used in many different terms). Most DVR's have this and I assume that your DVR does too and yours is probably labeled "internet stream". This is a lesser video stream that allows you to view over the internet alot faster and more fluid. You can usually adjust your secondary stream as low as you want too. There is a trade off though, the lower the bit rate, the worst the quality. What I recommend is trying to find that sweet spot where you can get the highest quality without freezing up the video feed too much. Start off with the lowest settings and work your way up from there. Also if you lower your secondary streams frame rate, this helps too. Check your manual on how to adjust your internet stream.

When it freezes, does it freeze permanently or just for a little bit. It is quite common for them to freeze every now and then and then come back to normal. You wont notice this as much with higher bandwidths. And remember bandwidth is important at both your DVR and your viewing location. Your DVR is sending multiple video streams simultaneously and with slower bandwidths, you will have the momentary freezes. You probably dont see it on your Iphone because I assume your Iphone app only allows you to view one camera at a time.

Your video will be alot more fluid if you use the "secondary stream" or "substream" or "internet stream" (is used in many different terms). Most DVR's have this and I assume that your DVR does too and yours is probably labeled "internet stream". This is a lesser video stream that allows you to view over the internet alot faster and more fluid. You can usually adjust your secondary stream as low as you want too. There is a trade off though, the lower the bit rate, the worst the quality. What I recommend is trying to find that sweet spot where you can get the highest quality without freezing up the video feed too much. Start off with the lowest settings and work your way up from there. Also if you lower your secondary streams frame rate, this helps too. Check your manual on how to adjust your internet stream.

hello,

yes the screen freezes permanently, only way to remedy is to close and restart program...

and yes i am only able to view one channel at a time on iphone...

i looked at the DVR set up menu, i can't seem to locate and setting like the ones you mention, i think i just have to buy a better DVR....