Sign in to follow this  
wvanthony

GV800 V3 Monitor Out ?

I recently built a PC with a GV800 16 channel card and noticed that when hooking up the cameras I didn't see a BNC for monitor out like on most non-pc security dvr's. In the past I would use the BNC-Monitor out and route that to my a/v distribution block that simply outputted the camera views to all the tv's in my house over RG6 Coax converted to composite video at the TV end. I would then just change the TV input to view the cameras albeit I really didn't have a way to control the camera views. Without a monitor out on the GV800 card what's the best way to get that signal to the A/V distribution block? Do I just get an adapter for the video card I'm using to convert from VGA or DVI over to composite video to feed into the A/V distribution block? Thank you for your help.

While I'm at it is there anyway to use an extra COAX I have available at the TV end to send IR somehow back to the PC-DVR to control the camera views from the TV's?

I have two lead kits or pigtails of which one is black and other is blue. The black pigtail has 8 video and 4 audio and I the blue pigtail has 8 video. Is there another lead kit that is supposed to have a bnc monitor out included?

sorry no not pigtails. when ordering a gv you also need to order the GV quad card if you want monitor outputs.

or you could just use a multiplexer along with your card.

Thanks for reply however these seem to be very expensive options for simple tv/monitor out. The quad card is around $600. Any other way to use either the dvi or vga out from my graphics card to route video over to my a/v distribution? I thought there was a simple GV-TV out card but maybe not.

Thanks for reply however these seem to be very expensive options for simple tv/monitor out. The quad card is around $600. Any other way to use either the dvi or vga out from my graphics card to route video over to my a/v distribution? I thought there was a simple GV-TV out card but maybe not.

You'll need a scan converter to convert the signal if you want to do it that way. Or you can buy a cheap video card with a BNC connection on it instead. Your choice. Both methods will cost you approximately the same.

Now we're talkin'. Thank you! I like the sound of $20 for a scan converter much better. I guess I'll just need to figure out a way to default the camera views to display the way I want on the TV's especially in the event of a power outage or something. I haven't found a way during a reboot to have the Geovision software automatically log-in and go to full screen with my eight cameras. Has anyone done that just yet?

GV800 doesnt have composite out, you need the combo card for that, eg GV-1120

Now we're talkin'. Thank you! I like the sound of $20 for a scan converter much better. I guess I'll just need to figure out a way to default the camera views to display the way I want on the TV's especially in the event of a power outage or something. I haven't found a way during a reboot to have the Geovision software automatically log-in and go to full screen with my eight cameras. Has anyone done that just yet?

Add Geo to start up - either manually do this in the registry, or just drop a shortcut in the start menu's startup folder, or reinstall and check the box "Add to startup".

Full screen - in general settings there is a section for autologin and full screen - make sure the user you set for that has Full Screen Enter rights.

Default multiview - in camera setup.