just curious, how many fellow CCTV users , use the date and time stamp on their images that are viewed or recorded...

on the DVR that i am presently using, it allows you to remove the date and time stamp, now on some of the cameras, the time stamp falls within a area that i wished it didn't , but unfortunately i can't change its position..

is the time stamp really needed for ID purposes, as my DVR saves files in 15 minute long files, so i am able to narrow down just when a incident took place...

Not all DVRs overlay the timestamp on the image. Vigil embeds the timestamp info in the file metadata, along with authentication info, so it displays in a the player app but not on top of the video itself.

Not all DVRs overlay the timestamp on the image. Vigil embeds the timestamp info in the file metadata, along with authentication info, so it displays in a the player app but not on top of the video itself.

i don't know, i really have to get another DVR, but everytime i think i know which one is right for me, something else catches my eye..

so far i have looked at the CNB, EverFocus and the Qvis line...the Qvis is the cheapest, but if the specs are correct, it looks like the best deal, i was looking at the Qvis Apollo HD 16 Channel, the price is just right...

would anyone have any input on the above DVRs...

i was looking at the Qvis Apollo HD 16 Channel, the price is just right

the apollo is a dahua. under the qvis name it is the first to have the new hardware. CNB also sell the same dvr its a little more in cost only because it has a CNB badge on it.

also with the new apollo plug and play storage (upto 12tb) extra. you can record for months.

i was looking at the Qvis Apollo HD 16 Channel, the price is just right

the apollo is a dahua. under the qvis name it is the first to have the new hardware. CNB also sell the same dvr its a little more in cost only because it has a CNB badge on it.

also with the new apollo plug and play storage (upto 12tb) extra. you can record for months.

yes that is the one i was looking at, already spoke with Sean about it, it really does have some killer features, HDMI, a 2 Gig hard drive, all for under 500.00, how can you go wrong...

and i know the Dahua DVRs are quality, i always hear Rory saying good things about it....