VincentM

Older PTZ Camera

Hi,

I have an older (but still functioning) PTZ camera. The only details on the camera is Model TS - 2211P.

I need to know if this camera is compatible with my new DVR. The DVR has RS 485 connections.

I have tried the system and i can see the image, but the controls dont seem to work.

Can anyone please help??

Thanks

Hi,

I have an older (but still functioning) PTZ camera. The only details on the camera is Model TS - 2211P.

I need to know if this camera is compatible with my new DVR. The DVR has RS 485 connections.

I have tried the system and i can see the image, but the controls dont seem to work.

Can anyone please help??

Thanks

hi vincent. what make is your new dvr. you will need to insert the settings into your dvr to see your ptz. if you get a pen then switch the power of to your ptz then after 10-15 secs switch it back on. you will see your ptz settings on your screen . you need to write them down . (you only have about 20secs before they go)

As Tom suggests, it SHOULD be compatible, but there are a number of factors you have to have right for it to work: you have to get the wiring polarity correct, and you have to match communication protocols (RS-485/422/232), control protocols (Pelco D or P or some other than both support), baud rate (2400 or 9600 are most common), comm parameters (usually 8N1 for 8 data bits, no parity, one stop bit), and camera ID number.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the advice. i will make a note of those details and get back to you on Monday.

tha other thing i wanted to know is whether both pairs (TX & RX) on the camera MUST be used, as only the tx pair is connected.

Thanks

You would normally only connect the TX pair on the DVR to the RX pair on the camera, although some cameras will also work with it connected to its TX pair instead (depends on the specific design, I suppose).

Hi,

Thanks for all the help guys - Managed to get it working..played around with

the dip switches on the camera. i however have a new problem...the controls intermittently stop working and sometimes gets stuck for a while (ie: if i select pan it sometimes doesnt stop when i select stop the first time)

the DVR is brand new. any ideas on what to check for guys?

Thanks