chadhuskey

dvr 1614n (avc777w) beeping constantly

i purchased a 16 channel dvr 1614n used and it arrived without any hd (to my surprise as i purchased a "working" unit)

in the spirit of giving it a go i purchased a hd from the list and installed it when i power the unit up all, ALL the lights blink and it beeps. constantly. as long as its powered on, well over a minute. also the chipset fan on the board seems intermittent.

im guessing the unit is defective, without troubleshooting the motherboard (or new harddrive), is anyone familiar with this condition?

im also not getting any monitor output.

thanks,

-chad

i purchased a 16 channel dvr 1614n used and it arrived without any hd (to my surprise as i purchased a "working" unit)

in the spirit of giving it a go i purchased a hd from the list and installed it when i power the unit up all, ALL the lights blink and it beeps. constantly. as long as its powered on, well over a minute. also the chipset fan on the board seems intermittent.

im guessing the unit is defective, without troubleshooting the motherboard (or new harddrive), is anyone familiar with this condition?

im also not getting any monitor output.

thanks,

-chad

Unless the DVR states it has a HD it wont have one. It is technically working, you just cant record with it lol.

When you turn on the unit does it tell you how big the hard drive is?? how big is the hard drive? is it a sata, non green? if it does register, try to format the hard drive within the settings on the DVR.

It sounds like its not getting proper power to the motherboard. Are you using the power supply that it came with?