twheelhouse

Swann DVR4-2550 Cannot access menu

I have had the system for a while but have never been able to access the menu through either the mouse, the buttons on the front or the remote control. All i can do is watch live view. Any help would seriously be appreciated as all it does is keep rebooting itself every minute or so.... very frustrating.

The unit automatically locks itself, and they don't tell you this in the manual. Hit the Zero key on the remote and it will beep, then hit the menu button to get the menu to pop up. Also, the default user name isn't ADMIN like the manual says, it's admin (lower case).

This fixes the remote not working. Hit the Zero "0" key, then hit Menu. If that don't work I guess try new batteries? Make sure the batteries are in the remote correctly? I found this out by calling their free support telephone number. You might call it. There are a few things that are either wrong in the manual, or they just don't mention.

- Joe

Joe,thanks but the remote is really dead.i did try try new batteries and still does'nt work...it's next to impossiblr to reach tech support at swann but I've sent my emails and am waiting for them to reply...i will let you know what they tell me....if they ever reply....thanks againg!..Sal