robfet123

Reset DVR admin password

Hello,

Im new on this forum, I dont know if its the correct forum. I came here to ask for help. I have a V-HDVR16480 DVR but I dont have the admin password. I already talked with Ventrio (manufacturer) but they cannot help me because I dont have a "key", seems a little absurd for me but they have their own rules. When I came to this company the DVR already was here, so I tried to reach the provider here locally but they dont have any "key" so Im in trouble!! I need to make changes on DVR settings.

Someone knows the way to reset the admin passord on this DVR? I really hope someone could help me.

thanks!!!

open the DVR casing & find small tyni button on DVR Mother Board. press it, DVR will be reset.

Close Casing and start the DVR and wh en DVR ask admin/password click cancel. now goto menu and set new password/id. reply me when u finished,

That will reset all DVR settings? or just the administrator password?

I am not familiar with your system but typically the admin password is stored in the OS of the unit. Resetting the BIOS of the DVR will typically not affect the OS. I know how to reset passwords on many systems, but these DVRs are tricky because they are very 'closed' systems.

These run Linux, typically, and some units may have a boot-process that can be interrupted, which can cause it to crash to a system prompt visible from an attached serial terminal. This is how mods are made to things like CATV boxes or Tivo that run embedded Linux.

Often, too, passwords are embedded in system firmware updates, viewable with a hex editor.

Note that many security DVRs use only digits 1-9 as part of their password, so that the front panel or remote can be used. That limits the number of possible passwords considerably.

Not sure this helps, but this is how it works.

I pressed the button showed on the picture and nothing, I removed the battery of the board and nothing... I really dont know what else to do

I pressed the button showed on the picture and nothing, I removed the battery of the board and nothing... I really dont know what else to do

May be is not correct one. try to find a tiny button, that will be needed a pin to press with, not your with your fingers. no matter with linex or else. do it again

over 9 years experinced Technicion give this solution to me.

hello

I have dvr Dipel 4 ch ,

DVR Data:

ID: eKRV9T

DVR-D2085

i forget my password on , so I need reset password

Can you help me about how do this on this DVR

Thanks for you

Hi,

Suddenly my dvr stopped displaying the images from cameras.and my dvr displays the image below.

no picture showing on each of the cameras. The type of dvr is sunchan.

I don't know the problem, What will I do?

The type of dvr is sunchan: SUNCHAN New 8CH 1080N AHD DVR Night Vision Kit CCTV 1.0MP Waterproof 1200TVL Home DVR Security Camera Systems Kits 1TB HDD.

My dvr displays the image below:

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/e588a1aa1c3235ae2bbc4eeaa4d9a8336561529b864ea64433e54aa463f06f5d.jpg