JoeLansing

I want a cheap half decent 8 channel

I've got a crappy Swann 4 channel. It's not bad, but I want my new one to support at least the same features it has. I've swapped out the junky 420 TLV cameras that came with it, and am about ready to upgrade the DVR itself. Here is what my current Swann will do:

Supports remote viewing. PC viewing is ok. Android would be a bonus.

Records in .264

I want at least 7-8 FPS on each camera in D1 at the same time

Record separate alarms/alerts for each channel so I can go back and view just the motion alarms on one camera at a time.

I'd like email alarms to work and have it send me photos of the motion.

- Joe

Maybe look at Dahua, inexpensive but loaded with features.

Rebranded under different names such as QVis, AData, XTS Video, EDGE, IC Realtime, MACE, GEN IV, and others

Also consider the Aver Nano. The 8 channel model number is EH1008H. They're typically sold without hard drives, but support up to one 2TB drive, so consider the cost of the hard drive when making the purchase decision.

If you WANT Dahua. why not buy a Dahua.

A rebranded Dahua is NOT a Dahua

Its a logic I can't quite understand, I want to buy one brand

but I want it to actually be another brand? What LOGIC?

I know this is an old thread, but just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Q_SEE QT5682 is a rebranded Dahua?

It's not a Dahua face plate that I'm familiar with. It's still possible that the board is made by Dahua. You'd need to post screen shots of the GUI and find the firmware version.

I know this is an old thread, but just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Q_SEE QT5682 is a rebranded Dahua?

It's not a Dahua face plate that I'm familiar with. It's still possible that the board is made by Dahua. You'd need to post screen shots of the GUI and find the firmware version.

I can't post any screen shots until I get home, the firmware, however, is 3.3.0.P-3520D-03

If you WANT Dahua. why not buy a Dahua.

A rebranded Dahua is NOT a Dahua

Its a logic I can't quite understand, I want to buy one brand

but I want it to actually be another brand? What LOGIC?

I didn't "want" a Dahua, per say.

I bought the DVR on Amazon a month ago based on a lot of positive reviews.

This was before I had stumbled across this forum. Also before I had even heard of Dahua.

After reading quite a bit on here, I found that many Q-See DVR's were said to be rebranded Dahua's, and I was just curious as to who actually made my DVR.

Well good hunting,

a lesson for the cheap as chips brigade,

buy cheap, buy twice....

No truer words have ever been spoken. I bought cheap first go round, still saving for round 2, and round 2 is not going to be cheap.