Tempest

New DVR system - a few questions

Hi guys,

I recently bought a 4 Channel DVR package from Jaycar and have through some fumbling, googling and searching here have managed to get it working for the most part but still having a few issues.

The "user manual" it came with is a joke, and really doesn't give any real set up guidance and there is no website or support email that I can find anyway. I actually seem to have found another user on here that has the same package a "QV-8104" by "Signet"...

file.php?id=2031

My Firmware Version is: 1008-1004-1004-1001

From everything I am seeing (comes with Video viewer", had a page on Eagleeyes app, the web log in appears to be the same as other AVTech devices people have had screen shots of on here), it appears to be a re branded AVtech device... Can anyone confirm if this is correct or if they know who supports it?

Problems...

1) I can view live footage from my Eagle eyes app using 3G... Anyone know of a way to view other recorded footage, or video from motion triggered events? (I did buy the "pro" version) Also, do you know if this device supports "Push" to this app?

2) I can't seem to get Video Viewer to connect outside of the network... I get a "Connection Error"... It does recognize the device type (DVR [4 CH]).

3) I can log in using the Web access but I cannot view Live or playback footage... I have the same problem as Barjammar from this thread at the very bottom, I get the Trigger Alert email, but when I try to save the .avc file I get a Playback error (ErrorNo:0)

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23400&p=139927&hilit=cannot+view+Trigger#p139927

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

That one is Avtech dvr, but it doesn't support push video function. You can playback the motion triggers, by clicking the last icon on the bottom right and selecting your device.

How did you configure the network? Did you activate the ddns service and did port forwarding?

About the live and playback from IE, need to verify your device is connected to internet, and no antivirus is blocking the streaming.

Leo

Hi,

Thank you for the response!

Network is set up (hopefully correctly, the book didn't come with any Network set up advice) with the following. Let me know if you need full details and perhaps I can private it to you, and you can let me know where I am wrong?:

DHCP

IP: 192.168.xxx.xxx (the internal IP assigned by my router)

Gateway 192.168.00.000 (this is a different IP address then the above in the same range. Is this correct?)

Netmask 255.255.255.000

Primary DNS 168.095.xxx.xxx

Secondary DNS 139.175.xxx.xxx

Port: 88

I have a Dlink DIR-655 and have use the "Virtual server" setting to port forward as I found another guide recommending this as the best option.

Thanks again for your help.

Like I mentioned, I can live stream to iPhone app, but not to IE, Firefox or Chrome. I am connected to the internet and not using a firewall for the test.

If I go into "Playback" and click "motion" there are no motion events even though I have received 20+ Motion trigger emails...

Sorry and just to add to this...

I haven't used a DNS and while technically I don't have a "static IP" my IP address has been the same for over a year, and only seems to change if I power down my Modem for at least an hour.

My ISP doesn't tend to change my IP address.

I was able to assign the DVR as a permanent DHCP Client in my router, so thought this was the best way to do it?

Hi,

I think you should enable the DDNS service, selecting default and entering your email for confirm, you will be sure to connect to your dvr at anytime, even in the case your IP changes. The DDNS server is the one of Avtech and it's free, so you can use it.

How do you connect from IE? Do you write your local IP adress? Remember to add the port number (88 right?) at the end of the ip adress (ex: 192.168.0.10:88).

If you want to connect from internet need to write the public ip adress of the router, or the ddns adress (always with :88 at the end).

If you don't use the ddns service, the trigger email you receive will have a different IP adress, and you won't be able to see the video.

Leo

Thanks for the reply,

What settings do I use (or is there a better guide you can link me?) for the Network/DNS Settings? How do I select or enable the free AVtTech one?

also, do you have a link to the AvTech Branded version of my device, so I know exactly what it is and can update firmware etc in the future?

I just noticed I do have DDNS

- "on"

- System Name "Default"

- Host Name is the MAC Address

- email is blank....

When I connect to IE, I do use the IP address and :88 for the Port. I CAN connect, I just can't view video.

Hi,

I think that your network settings are already ok: Select DHCP connection, do port forwarding, turn on ddns function. Avtech server is the "default" one, and the MAC adress is the ddns adress, but of course you can change that name with one easier to remember. The email, is just to receive confirmation.

The model should be KPD674B, check if you have both vga and crt output simultaneally.

Probably you cannot see live view because you cannot download the active-x. Go to the internet settings and allow download of all kind of active x.

If it's too complicated, just try this software:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_Tf3Yb1yhhRNTZkY2I3OTYtZmYwMy00MWJhLTkyYWYtOGRmZGU4YWZkMDA1

Leo

Thanks for that, all seems to be ok now (my work internet seems to block it, but all other connections let me access Video Viewer/through IE).

Just 2 questions...

I am having a lot of Motion triggers from bugs etc that are attracted to the IR lights... What would detection would I turn down to prevent bugs from triggering it?

And is there a way to view triggered events from an iPhone and from FireFox/Google Chrome? Internet Explorer is horrible...

Thanks in advance.

To lower the motion triggers, for the bugs, you should change the sensivity of the camera, there are different sesivity depending of the space, the time or the change of the whole image. Low them till you get the best configuration.

you can use firefox and chrome to see live view and event, you only need to keep updated quicktime.

On iphone, go on the ip adress list page, press the last icon in the right bottom, then press the ip of your device, you should find the videos recorded (of course you need one hard disk in your dvr).

If you have some problem with the browser, can try to upgrade the firmware of the dvr.

Leo

Thanks for that, how do I upgrade the firmware?

Do you have a link to the Firmware and the installer or how is it done?

Again, the user manual it came with is not very good and appears to be missing something.

Thanks.

Thanks for that... I wen't through and it seemed to work, but My Firmware version seems to still be the same?

1008-1004-1004-1001?

System successfully reboots etc, but no update?

Hello please help, in the eagleeaves i how the following message "your device doesn't support push video" How to fix that ?

Firmware version S118-S118-S118-S118

Thanks