itsfuzzy

Generic DVR password reset

Not sure if this is the correct location or not for this type of post

I have a client that took over a service station and they wanted the dvr networked for remote view. It is a 16 ch standalone, unbranded , no make or model codes, just states H264 dvr

There was a print out that stated user: admin password: 123456, but that does not work. Ive tried all the usual combos and nothing. I took out the board battery for 24hrs now and it has reset the time etc, but it is still looking for Admin password. The model code on the board is SDVR-611N V1.0., google cant even help. Any help would be great.

762334816_board(Small).jpg.0c252f5911b4711cbefa881b04b3511b.jpg

789675298_dvrmenu(Small).jpg.d94089ffaf17661b1166f0b5bedd6e31.jpg

take a picture of the front of the dvr this might be a supercam dvr look on qsee web site and look for the same dvr and call there tech support

The password is 12888. After getting in go to utilities to do a system recovery and that will bring it back to the default password of 123456

Really thanks a million. Thats the one. Thanks to everyone who took the time out to reply.

You have all really got me out of a hole.

guys,

Thank you for the info. Now the problem that i have is that the DVR does not seem to have the hard drive indexed. When I try to search for old video the DVR does not show it there (it only shows that last 24 hours in the search window) but when I select to play the video for the last 24 hours it start playing and then it show video starting at 11/3/2012. it will allow me to play it and fast forward it but will not let me search it. There must be a way to re-index the hard drive. Any ideas????

On mine 12888 didn't worked. Maybe because of Device ID ? I read that default can be 000, but it says that's incorrect, tried adding to the end "1" but useless. So dumb that even doesn't know my device ID . Is there any way i can reset everything on Motherboard or some other way?

I have similar problem too with my Network DVR "ANZA Security AZDVR9504", forgot my password.

I found on youtube some videous how to restart recorder with removing the batery etc.

I see it is restarted when I look at the time and date, but it didn't restarted the pasword. I can't make eny adjustments because not eny password works.

I tried with:

admin

NULL

http://fl1.shopmania.org/files/p/rs/m/830/dvr-8-kanalni-mrezni-anza-security-azdvr7508~2661830.jpg

Eny help will be appriciated.

Chears

Hi guys,

I have similar problem too with my H.264 Network DVR "Business Solutions.com", forgot my password.

I need password master for this device.

Not a model in device, only:

H.264 Network DVR

Business Solutions.com

System Date : 01-01-2000

Chip: Nextchip: NVP1114-A

The following images of the device

Eny help will be appriciated.

IMG051.jpg.8abe48de7b4fe6a875c3327ea63fdda9.jpg

IMG052.jpg.027dd243a135e0f17aecab515f67de1d.jpg

IMG054.jpg.30867321cb01449d34e5d7dc6b1d5344.jpg

i have a Raysharp dvr model no. RS-CMD-9216J-H, I have forgot admin password, how to know and what procedure for recover the password. Please reply urgent...

thanks & regards

hello,

I have a DVR of unknown brand chineese and i forgot my admin password ,please you help me about reset factory device.

please help me urgent.

thank you

Hello, I have this dvr called "dvr lr15" 8" and I can't find the password for the machine I'm really stuck!! Please can anyone help me.

Hello, I have this dvr called "dvr lr15" 8" and I can't find the password for the machine I'm really stuck!! Please can anyone help me.

Can you make several screen shot of your dvr: dvr menu, firmware version, appearance

I have an Alien Ultra 616 DVR 16 ch - the default admin/12345 is not working and I really don't want to send it back to manufacture..

Any ideas please??

Hi. I have a 16CH Chinese DVR "branded" CCTVD (Bydemes Spain) Model (of them) is CTD-227. I've attached the specification file. How can I reset its password? Battery only resets date and time... Thanks!

CTD-227.jpg.099c732936d8fad1fc6211f6e681f5ba.jpg

Hello, i have a huge troubble, i have a 6304B model DVR h.264 and i dont remember what is the password setup. Please does someone knows the password recovery procedure to help me? Here in Peru there isn't a technical support center to this kind of DVR.

please help me writting me at : cvalladaresm@gmail.com

the picture of my DVR :

323952143__12.JPG.1cc3f9fe64abc26070954b5e37a6f3ee.JPG

The password is 12888. After getting in go to utilities to do a system recovery and that will bring it back to the default password of 123456

Really thanks a million. Thats the one. Thanks to everyone who took the time out to reply.

You have all really got me out of a hole.

I sincerely hope you will charge for that service, getting customers out of trouble saving them money deserves some form of reward.

Please help me find ways to reset the password for this DVR. I'm not sure what is the brand name but my client could not access the recording. I need to access the advance menu. Thanks

1597220694_DVR16CHcopy.jpg.1844bb39383ef2b90d301e05d9d9c47b.jpg

Okay this won't help you this time but if you did what I do that is create user accounts for your clients and reserve the admin account with your OWN password, stupid stuff like this would not happen. 90% of the stupid stuff that happens is down to the stupidity of clients.

The number of times I have avoided this scenario by simply reserving the admin account as my own, is incredible. But rather than make a drama out of their mistakes, I can simply delete their account and set up a new account for them with a new password. I do not have to charge for this unless the client is extremely stupid and routinely forgets their password. This has ONLY ever happened once and faced with a charge every time, they quickly LEARN to make the required effort.

The other point is that I lock users out of most functions that do not concern them such as network settings, netservice settings, record settings (in most cases). I always explain to clients that and small changes can be made free of charge remotely by me. Not one of my clients has ever demanded that I relinquish control and this works very well for me and for them. Typically a client will have viewing, playback and back up permissions. With very rare exceptions, this is sufficient for most home and business users.

Suspicious clients first think I am attempting to have some form of hold over their equipment, but soon learn this is a very convenient way to avoid extra charges. On the one occasion that my control freak client demanded that I not do this, he ended up messing up my settings and not recording a crime that was perpetrated against him. Faced with a huge recommissioning bill he claimed to have NEVER once touched the settings, but I was able to show him the log proving that was a lie and reminding him that I did not have a user account on his DVR, Now he relinquished control to my normal way of doing things, he's a happy man and we have a great business relationship. I make changes to settings for him remotely on the odd occasion and he is grateful for that and can concentrate on his business knowing that I will sort out any problems without fuss.

My point is that you as the supplier have a responsibility to your clients to ensure their experience is a good one and they are not the technician, you are and have that responsibility.You are the expert and must protect your clients from all these potential issues.

Retailers are great at ignoring this moral responsibility as it's not enforceable in law.

'If you pay peanuts the best you can expect is monkeys'

Okay this won't help you this time but if you did what I do that is create user accounts for your clients and reserve the admin account with your OWN password, stupid stuff like this would not happen. 90% of the stupid stuff that happens is down to the stupidity of clients.

The number of times I have avoided this scenario by simply reserving the admin account as my own, is incredible. But rather than make a drama out of their mistakes, I can simply delete their account and set up a new account for them with a new password. I do not have to charge for this unless the client is extremely stupid and routinely forgets their password. This has ONLY ever happened once and faced with a charge every time, they quickly LEARN to make the required effort.

The other point is that I lock users out of most functions that do not concern them such as network settings, netservice settings, record settings (in most cases). I always explain to clients that and small changes can be made free of charge remotely by me. Not one of my clients has ever demanded that I relinquish control and this works very well for me and for them. Typically a client will have viewing, playback and back up permissions. With very rare exceptions, this is sufficient for most home and business users.

Suspicious clients first think I am attempting to have some form of hold over their equipment, but soon learn this is a very convenient way to avoid extra charges. On the one occasion that my control freak client demanded that I not do this, he ended up messing up my settings and not recording a crime that was perpetrated against him. Faced with a huge recommissioning bill he claimed to have NEVER once touched the settings, but I was able to show him the log proving that was a lie and reminding him that I did not have a user account on his DVR, Now he relinquished control to my normal way of doing things, he's a happy man and we have a great business relationship. I make changes to settings for him remotely on the odd occasion and he is grateful for that and can concentrate on his business knowing that I will sort out any problems without fuss.

My point is that you as the supplier have a responsibility to your clients to ensure their experience is a good one and they are not the technician, you are and have that responsibility.You are the expert and must protect your clients from all these potential issues.

Retailers are great at ignoring this moral responsibility as it's not enforceable in law.

'If you pay peanuts the best you can expect is monkeys'

Thanks for that invaluable reminder sure to follow that advise.

Though this is my new client, I wanted to help him. Hope somebody can help me with this DVR reset thing ...

I have to personally say that this default password you talked about didn't work for me. But I managed to use Super password program to get a temporary password using the date of my dvr...

It worked like a charm! So thanks everyone for your advices too! Best regards from Spain.